Asus Transformer Prime launches at 49999

Well its time we realize the firms are not mad launching at such high prices in India , there are many people with the amount money they dont know what to do with it , they keep buying these stuff and the whole world knows , India doesnt lack such people . Even when iphone 4s was launched people said the same , but man , there were people standing in line for it . They may not sell in huge numbers like the Galaxy S2 but after all they may meet their sales target in India . Remember Jobs did not even consider India in the first priority of buyers ( countries ) , so apple never cared about sales targets here . Have we seen any apple add in our whole life here ? . Atleast not me . Same is for many other firms , they dont consider India that huge a market very strangely even though people have the power to buy stuff . So people can keep bashing Asus but hey do you know their sales targets to be met in India ? . That might not be considerable for them in the end , it might be just a surplus thingy for them , whatever is sold in India is a secondary additional income . For most firms the main targets are HK , USA , UK and AUS , JAPAN , China , etc . India is only a secondary market for many .

The only reason Samsung competed with Nokia in smartphones and other feature phones is that they considered it a serious matter , they considered India to be an important market and they were quite successful in creating the brand presence , advertisements , promotions , etc .

For me , to be frank , I cant afford such stuff .

Not sure why you would say India is a great market for the companies you mentioned. I remember seeing a infographic about sales of smartphones here in India, as I remember more than 75% people buy mobiles below than 10k[or even 15k], rest 30% is again divided in price ranges of 15-25k, 25k-35k & 35K+. I am not sure about these figures, cos I hardly remember them. But I am sure people who spend more than 20K on a smartphone in India are very less. We are in Tech forum & we all know what can 20K android would do or 30k iPhone, but not everyone does.

no, I am not justifying apple or any other company, but thankfully Sammy & HTC atleast release their devices here.

I wont disagree with the stats because I read the same in a survey but dont remember exact figures , but Price it at par with HK and lets us see what are the figures. If you are interested in stats , check a survey pointed out by the nytimes.com , check out china's stats and compare theirs with ours and then say it .

US is the only market in the world in which the majority was in the top end phones and no other market can compete with it . You simply cant compare buyer statistics if the price is not same , its not fair !! .

So compare according to price brackets not the types of phones .

iphone 4s has a 33% premium in India over US , dont you think people buying it would have been much more here ? I have read from and known people going for S2 because they found the 4s too costly .

And in the end those are buyer statistics not user statistics , user stats would be higher considering many opt to get their phone / tabs from abroad and the grey market . Lets us consider from 1.2 billion even 10% people would have phones , and 3-5 % of them using top end smartphones , the number would be comparable to the entire population of Singapore .

But still , Singapore already has the new Ipad available ! .

And no am not arguing but what has usage really gotta do with sales figures ? . I know we are in Tech forum but you really think every one here is using his / her device to its full potential ? . In the TV Tech Guru show an Apple expert told hardly people use their phones to full potential . Only few people had a high number of applications which they used , most had 5-15 apps installed and hardly used 5 of them . Most surprisingly dint not even know their phone could do much more or had some sort of apps that would help . There is a very small percentile of people who actually buy a smartphone because they need a smartphone , features phone can also do a lot more than before !.

There are people who have tablets and find it least useful. Some could not find the use of a tab , office there is a laptop and home a PC . But still they had tabs .

Anyways i rest my case here , this thing can go on and on .

Back