Audio Asus Xonar "dg" OR Asus Xonar "dx" ????

guys im confused between the 2 cards .. browsed the net for more info and users who have used both the cards say .. there is little difference between the cards .. while the DG is priced at AMAZING 1500rs .. the DX is priced around 4200rs !!!

DG is purely VFM but my main Q is whether DX is worth the 2.5k upgrade ??
USAGE : mostly i listen to HIGH QUALITY trance :D on my earphones (will get steelseries siberia in a month or 2) .. complete gaming maniac (earphones again)

and if im home on weekends then i listen to music on my HOME THEATRE !!!

basically i use my earphones/headphones a lot !!!

DX at 4200 ? Thats still a great price. I had recently (1.5 months ago) asked around at SP Road in B'lore, and the quotes I was getting was 5350-5450.

DG is a little crippled compared to the DX. It supports max resolution of 24/96, while the DX has a max resolution of 24/196. Of course, this is a moot point unless you have any HD audio tracks. FYI, Audio CDs have a resolution of 16/44.

I think the other factor is the analogue components (Capacitors, Resistors, Op-Amps etc) of the DG are of lower quality.

However nothing beats the sheer VFM of the DG.

I'd say go for the DG, and if you decide later that you need better 2.0 audio, then upgrade to the ST/STX cards.

DG has builtin decent headphone amp. go for it. where do you plan on buying it from ? Im too interested in one, as it isnt available here locally. Do let me know if you can buy two :)

Back