Graphic Cards ATI vs Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

romavina

Disciple
Which one do you recommend. Are there advantages of buying ATI over NVidia or does it basically depend on the GPUs?

ragzdiablo said:
Recommendations are based on budget :p
I mean in general with respect to the name brand of ATI vs Nvidia. Or this is just a preference thing? Which one offers better quality/value for the price.

I

romavina said:
I mean in general with respect to the name brand of ATI vs Nvidia. Or this is just a preference thing? Which one offers better quality/value for the price.

I
both are good ,its just a preference .Some games runs better on nVidia n some run better on Ati. nVidia drivers are better and the Ati hardware is better ;).
Recommendations are based on budget :rofl:

How is ATI hardware better ? Oh wait better than their drivers and the crappy cpu's they make sure, better HW than nvidia ? I dont know about generations before 4xxx but definetly thats not the case with 4xxx or 5xxx.

It comes down to preference but the its generally accepted norm that nvidia products are generally priced a little higher , while ATI provide greater vfm. Also it is generally accepted that ATI/AMD support is really really bad infact a lot of ATI users switch to nvidia because of ATI's very poor driver support.

gamingstill said:
both are good ,its just a preference .Some games runs better on nVidia n some run better on Ati. nVidia drivers are better and the Ati hardware is better ;).
ragzdiablo said:
Recommendations are based on budget :p

Rightly said.. recommendations are based on budget.. for 10k you get a Samsung corby pro and for 45k you get a iPhone and you can't say corby is better than iphone or vice versa..apart from budget another important factor would be your current system config..you can't expect a 5970 to run hifi with a celeron processor or expect a 4650 to give 60+ fps in all games with a i7 proc..:)

A couple of years back and this would have been considered a troll topic!! ;)

Hehe, how have the times changed!! :p

Anyhow, i would think ideally card selection should be based on budget, power requirements, screen size and temperature with budget playing the obvious major role here.

gamingstill said:
nVidia drivers are better and the Ati hardware is better ;).

true....nvidia drivers are better....just check reviews before buying one....ur budget? system specs?

I still think its a troll topic,

Its just based on personal preference and the availability in the market.

Pick a budget, read some reviews and decide which one you want.

Yes though nVidia drivers are more mature and lately ATi/AMD cards are better VFM for gaming, so its just up to you.

Both are good companies, and the only 2 big names remain in the market, gone are the days when there was Matrox and 3DFX etc...

You wont go wrong with any...

have a nice day,

Cheers

i am using ati for quite a while... love it..its value for money.

currently using sapphire hd 5850 and i love it. crysis 1680 X 1050, all to high setting and 8X AA and still it gives me 30+ fps.

Alias said:
A couple of years back and this would have been considered a troll topic!! ;)

Hehe, how have the times changed!! :p

Anyhow, i would think ideally card selection should be based on budget, power requirements, screen size and temperature with budget playing the obvious major role here.
It is a troll topic yet. Am locking the thread, OP please reframe your question and post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back