Audio Audio Engine A5 OR KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2?

Guys, I have short-listed 2 studio monitors and very confused between them. I need this speaker for my Plasma Television. I will listen these speakers from about 8-10 feet distance. I need Deep, tight and punchy bass with vocals should be like the singer is singing standing next before me and very very smooth treble with zero sibilance.

By seeing all these my requirements which studio monitor is the way to go?

KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2 is 75W RMS total

Audio Engine A5 is 90W RMS total

So Guys, suggest me now according to my preferences and listening distance.

An early reply is requested.

Thank you.:)

I was in same shoes as OP and from my research i found that RP5 is a lot worse thatn RP6, BX5a is also not good. A5 isnt even a monitor. Research on HeadFi.

My final shortlist had only Swans left in it. And i dont know when will i get it as my friend isnt bringing that 15kg monster with him. Nobody will bring them. Bloody indian audio scene..

Can you please tell me why do you need studio monitors for a Plasma TV? You will be watching TV shows or movies on it and studio monitors (at a distance of 10 feet) isnt the best possible option.
Though Swans MKII are pretty good (Bx5a is waste) . It would be better to go with a Norge Amp and some bookshelves!

dragonball said:
I was in same shoes as OP and from my research i found that RP5 is a lot worse thatn RP6, BX5a is also not good. A5 isnt even a monitor. Research on HeadFi.

My final shortlist had only Swans left in it. And i dont know when will i get it as my friend isnt bringing that 15kg monster with him. Nobody will bring them. Bloody indian audio scene..
I have kinda decided to buy KRK Rokit Powered 8 Generation 2 now. Let's see what happen now

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

apextwin146 said:
Can you please tell me why do you need studio monitors for a Plasma TV? You will be watching TV shows or movies on it and studio monitors (at a distance of 10 feet) isnt the best possible option.

Though Swans MKII are pretty good (Bx5a is waste) . It would be better to go with a Norge Amp and some bookshelves!
Because I need best possible accurate sound.

Why do you need nearfield solutions in the first place? These monitors are good for near listening purposes (and music mainly), their soundfield decreases with increase in listening distance, far more proportionally than is the case with bookshelves.

If your purpose is movies and you will sit far away, go with what apextwin146 suggested

1. For sitting 8-10 feet away, monitors won't cut it.

2. Go only for bookshelves or Floorstanders(passive).

Go for Swans MIII

If you can't, blindly go for AE5

Rightly put @rite!

@op: Have you really "heard" the options you are talking about? Reading about an audio equipment will hardly give you an idea whether it'd suit your taste. I would strongly advice using the suggestions here only as a guidline and making the final choice based on detailed auditions of the equipment.

As a personal choice I'd go the AE5 way, have heard them and they are fair in their own way and pricepoint.

sit closer to the speakers.. i.e. 2/3 feet from them.. and buy Swans mkiii :p

else norge amps have good synergy with wharfedales.. audition them.

dragonball said:
sit closer to the speakers.. i.e. 2/3 feet from them.. and buy Swans mkiii :p

else norge amps have good synergy with wharfedales.. audition them.
LOL From where can I audition them, I live in Gwalior - the city of noobs :p :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys I have 12 year old 2.1 crappy speakers which is 980W PMPO and they sound pretty loud in my room so I think Rokit 5 or Rokit 6 will be enough for my room. What say guys?

reply fast guys coz I need to order soon and urgently

I'm using the AE5 + AS8 and they are awesome for listening to music/movies(apple lossless/720p rips).I think that you couldn't go wrong with them especially if u want straightforward connectivity options.

Back