Audio Audioengine A5 , again

_pappu_

Skilled
yes, one more thread regarding these :)

I'd like to know 2 things ::

1) do the bamboo finish A5's sound different from the normal ones?

2) Has anyone ever bought from audioproductsindia.com ?

bajaao has the bamboo finish for 20.4k , while audioproductsindia.com has the normal ones for 19.5k, and the bamboo finish for 25k.

I heard the mordaunt short performance 6 series floorstanders at my dad's friends place, driven through a CA azur 840C cd player and 840E+W pre+power amp. Dont have words to describe it :S

According to audioengine, they try to make them sound as close as possible. General consensus seems to be that MDF is better than bamboo for speakers. I opted for black when ordering one for my friend.

haraakiri said:
According to audioengine, they try to make them sound as close as possible. General consensus seems to be that MDF is better than bamboo for speakers. I opted for black when ordering one for my friend.
i have my heart set on the black ones as well :)

did you order from bajaao? they only have the bamboo finish right now.

_pappu_ said:
I heard the mordaunt short performance 6 series floorstanders at my dad's friends place, driven through a CA azur 840C cd player and 840E+W pre+power amp. Dont have words to describe it :S
LOL! :lol:

I recall the setup I had listened to at Chaos' place. It was a pair of Ushers powered by a McCormack amp and another desi pre-amp IIRC.

Audioengine USA said:
Hi there,

Thank you for your interest. To the trained ear there will be some differences in sound between the bamboo speakers and the MDF speakers. In tuning these speakers, they were designed to sound as closely as possible to the black and white speakers but the bamboo speakers do have natural acoustic advantages being that they are made from solid bamboo. Hope this helps. Please let us know how else we can assist you!

Audioengine A5: Bamboo or Black? - Page 2 - Head-Fi.org Community

I'd say go for the MDF finish. Most loudspeaker enclosures are made of MDf and you can;t go wrong with them. Bamboo is a first timer for me. :S

In contrast, here's a thread that highlights bamboo as a better material vis-a-vis MDF. :|

I ordered ae 5 from bajao.com. They gave me 15 day satisfaction guarantee, which was hard to resist. If you don't like them, you could return it back to them and get a refund. :)

Back