Auto-logon script for Reliance Broadband, which I can schedule on my Synology NAS

This 24 hours time window forced by reliance guys sucks and I don't want to login always using their logon page, every night. While I am at my home, its no problem but when I am away for more than one day, all my network goes offline (unless someone logs in again using the browser).

I am looking at a way to automate this thing so that I don't have to login manually. Later I would want to put that script under a scheduler on my Synology NAS so that the login is not PC dependent.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Since Synology is a rather expensive NAS I doubt many people would have one to help you out. Anyways, it'll help if you can mention the model number and the OS version you have on it.

Can you open a telnet script via the NAS?

Since Synology is a rather expensive NAS I doubt many people would have one to help you out. Anyways, it'll help if you can mention the model number and the OS version you have on it.

Can you open a telnet script via the NAS?
Yes I can use Telnet (even SSH). I have this Synology DS213 and its using DSM 4.3 (I guess you wanted to ask the Synology OS version)

Do you have a Wireless device that supports DDWRT? Adding a scheduled script there may be easier. What kind of connection is Reliance offering you? DO you need to login to a webpage to start your internet or standard PPPOE commands are sufficient?

I might give it a try on my Asus n-16 tomato shibby.
@axeman do you have that script ? Share it would give it a shot.
Don't remember but someone did try it on older reliance web page. Though there are minor changes on new reliance login page.

I tried looking for something the OP could use, but it seems I could not find any script for his purpose which could fetch a webpage, fill some fields, and do the 'post' back to the server to start the ISP connection. Maybe others may have better luck?

Here you go, I just found it on broadbandforum.- http://broadbandforum.co/topic/75376-fast-auto-login-script-for-reliance-broadband/

This script is very fast. It's made for doge speed.
It will make your Reliance broadband truly always-on. It reconnects in less than a second and keeps trying until it logs on. Even when Reliance login servers are congested, you will never have to worry about logging in to Internet again.
To say full ****YOU to Reliance captive portal, follow these steps.
This will run the script in background, invisible, every time your computer starts.
http://pteek.blogspot.in/2014/01/reliance-broadband-superfast-auto-login.html

You'll need python 3.3.3 installed

Copy this script - https://github.com/pteek/reliance-auto-login-script/blob/master/reliance-login.py

Paste it into a notepad/wordpad text file,
Edit the username and pass fields to your own.
Save as "reliance-login.py"
Put the reliance-login.py file at C:\
IF YOU PUT IT ANYWHERE ELSE, then you have to manually change the path in the script given below.

Last step -
Create a vbs script in start up folder located at(just change the extension of a .txt to .vbs)

In W7: C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
in XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Name it test.vbs or anything really.

Put the following in the script:
Set WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\reliance-login.py" & Chr(34), 0
Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

This will run the script in background, invisible, every time your computer starts.

Credit to pteek from broadbandforum.co :)

Back