Skilled
May 26, 2009
i did not like it though
<

psyph3r

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
Pune
This is the worst season ever of TG, the jokes are forced and the adventure level is non existent.

I used to watch it for the over the top acts and awesome cinematography in superb locations and ofc the beautiful cars.

All of this is missing in the current season and the only thing remotely funny was their trip to China, rest all has been forced.

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
I don't know why so many people are bashing the current season.... over-expectations maybe? I'm enjoying the current season, I won't grade it or compare it to earlier seasons, cause everytime every season is different. Good or bad, is subjective to every viewer, but all I can say is... if you want the same thing over and over, go and watch "How I met your mother".
<

I loved Episode 6... it was fun with the vintage motors with bit of modern twists.
<

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
I used to watch it for the over the top acts and awesome cinematography in superb locations and ofc the beautiful cars.

Exactly.. Look at the Ferrari 458 Italia episode for example. Awesome cinematography and yes the superb car too.

This season its mostly some not so interesting cars and very less or not effects at all.

Oh and if you did not hear, TATA Motors has bid for SAAB
<
and in #YoGi-Sama words, I guess they did not see Top Gear's episode about SAAB
<

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
@sunny27 - There were some ads floating around on BBC Entertainment. I think it was an US Special or something and was to be aired on Wednesday.

I totally forgot about it. Did you see it? Any ideas on when I can see a repeat telecast?

Last edited by a moderator:

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
Welcome to 2013 and Topgear's Season 19 which begins on Sunday, the 27th of Jan.

This is a small montage of what we can expect over the coming few weeks :-
- The US road trip includes a race against fighter planes
- A thorough road test of the Kia Cee'd (probably what Jeremy was working on in Budapest)
- The car used in the race to Italy is a Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 (old or new?)
- Richard track tests the Huayra (sort of known that already)
- The Africa special's objective is to find the source of the Nile
- Also, it seems to confirm that the Africa special will come at the end of the series

Season 19 of ‘Top Gear’ sees Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May engage in another collection of incredible adventures, absurd stunts and dream drives, ably assisted by their tame racing driver, The Stig.

In this series, the presenters use the Aston Martin Vanquish, SRT Viper and Lexus LFA for an incredible American road trip that takes in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and a race against some fighter planes before ending with a hair raising run to the Mexican border. The trio also create a unique car designed especially for old people, carry out one of Top Gear’s famously thorough road tests on the new Kia Cee’d and race a Shelby Mustang GT500 against a train in order to find the fastest way to get from Britain to Italy in time for a football match.

Also in this series, Jeremy invents the world’s smallest car and tests it out on the streets of London, James finds out what the Bentley Continental GT Speed is like on a rally stage, and Richard reaches eye popping speeds on the test track in the amazing, 720 horsepower Pagani Huayra.

There’s also one of Top Gear’s legendary epic journeys in which the presenters attempt to find the source of the River Nile using three rather tired estate cars and a sometimes sketchy knowledge of African geography. Along the way they encounter crocodile infested rivers, suspension snapping terrain and the world’s worst traffic jam. It’s the perfect conclusion to another brilliant series of Top Gear.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top-Gear-TV-is-back-2013-01-03