Best place to take Blazer/Formal coats - Bangalore ??

Praks said:
@lida,
How about Factory seconds ? Had talk with one guy who has F Seconds of Raymonds, Was talking of giving 20 % discount on Raymonds.

Would go with BUILD/LITTLE ON THE HEAVIER SIDE.

Checking out with Brands Factory & Megamart. Hunt is ON.... Do you recommend factory seconds of Raymond ?

@TheMask
Thanks bro,
It does not matter if it is a factory second or not but u will have to check if there is some kind of defect on the material (like a small tear/fibre not alligned properly - hope u understand)....

I just recently bougt a Louis phillipe factory second (was not geting my size anywhere) for just 3K...

If u guys have Megamart in Pune it also sells branded stuff at really cheap rates u will surely get good suit there provided they house them...

IMO in India even brands like Tommy, Calvin etc easily cost 10-15k, and go as high as 30k or more for brands like Boggi and Gant.

You will probably end up saving 30-40% of the price if you buy online and get it imported here, provided you buy in a good sale time :)

But be prepared to spend at least 8-10k no matter from where you buy considering the high shipping and import duties. And locally 10-12k is where the range starts, and stagnates at 15k+ and at times even cross 15k+.

@whatsinaname

Nice :), Wouldn't be 100% wool suit too hot ?

@prasanna29

Welcome to my thread of dressing :p, Sad corporate life & need to wear it ;)

I will surely check your advice on Big Bazzar, have used few Knightwood shirts, they are good VFM.

I will go with your Worth for the money advice.

Just a check, Will BigBazar alter AFL & Knightwoods suits Or you need to do it outside ?

@lida

Thanks, Will check Megamart too.

@rite

Out of my budget, cant even think of taking suit for 15k, better take iPhone ;)

Praks said:
@whatsinaname

Nice :), Wouldn't be 100% wool suit too hot ?

Actually, no. You will sweat a bit in a suit in Indian climate, but 100% wool breathes much better than something with a bit of polyester. It is also absorbent. As you are looking for a formal suit, I wouldn't suggest a Linen suit which might have been the most comfortable fabric for Indian climate.

100% wool fabric have different quality levels.

60-70 Thread Count (called Worsted wool)

100 Thread Count

110 Thread Count

120 Thread Count

etc.

The higher the thread count, the better the fabric. Even the worsted wool fabric will feel much better than something with polyester/rayon in it.

You get a lot more suit for your money in India if you know how to buy. I bought a 100 thread count blazer in the US for $220 (What a rip off. I was a bit desperate, so had to buy it). Comparatively, I paid ~15k for 110 Count fabric + tailoring charges in India. Same thing in the US would have cost ~$800. I know a lot of people who buy raw material from Raymonds shops in India and get the suits made by a tailor in the US/Hong Kong etc.

If you want the best value for your money, I would suggest you find a tailor in your city. Talk to him about how much he would charge, his time frame, how much material he anticipates you will need. Then visit a Raymonds showroom, get the best material depending on how much of your budget is left. (you can ask your tailor if he works with seconds material. Some tailors are brilliant at hiding any flaws in the material.)

Of course, if you need the suit sooner than 2 weeks, off-the-rack is your only option.

@whatsinaname

Excellent mate, Need to check with diff tailors, Dont need anything urgent so dont mind for 2 weeks. Thanks a lot for that wool & Thread count advice. Never knew.

Seems need to learn lots of thing for corporate fashion :)

Phew.. Gone days of jeans & tshirts :(

Checked at few local stores, All tailors are saying go to Raymonds shop & come with cloth, We will stitch for you. Still not sure what kind of fitting will they do.

@prasanna29

Will BigBazaar alter AFL & Knightwoods suits Or you need to do it outside ?

Update:

Checked out BigBazaar AFL/Knightwood suits in their Super Store, Sadly no variety, Most suites are kind of dirty look.

No Pants at all.

They don't alter coat at all, Just Pants. No one bothers to reply there.

Conclusion: AFL & Knightwoods may be cheap range but no one bothers in Big Bazaar to reply you or guide you on fitting.

Will be checking out PN Rao showroom.

dude i think u should just go to shopper's stop and just pick up some suits from there... You will get decent quality at a reasonalbe price...
Did u check out Megamart??? U get branded suits in the price range u desire but the sad part is they will not alter the jacket, they will only alter the pants... Check out a Megamart and trust me u will not be dissapointed

Go to the biggest megamart in banglore even if it is a little far....

Megamart pune has deals like any suit between 2999 to 9999 for just 2499 or something like that and any suit above that upto 14999 for just 2999... Or sometime flat 40/50% off on mrp... There are many offers u can choose from... Thats wht happens in pune so am sure somethin similar will be there in ur area also...

Over there u will get all brands that arvind textile makes... Collection is more based on luck... Last when i visited he had just opened a box full of suits so got a nice collection to choose from but sometimes there are not many suits available so u might have to talk to the sales fellow and visit again... Since u require only business suits am sure u will get atleast a couple on ur first visit and than can ask the sales guy and go there when the new batch comes so u can have more choices...

Thank you.

BIG Megamart - Forum Value Mall, Whitefield is the one of the biggest in Bangalore, Will check out there.

Will update once I check the collection.

Update:

@lida, Thank you so much for suggesting Megamart.

Awesome collection, I am not sure how are they selling at such a huge discount. I confirmed they are not dups :)

Purchased Park Avenue for very good rate. Sadly they dont do alteration on coat. They only cut the length of the pant.

@lido: Could not find any good tailor to do modification on sleeve length & total length of coat. Do you suggest going to street tailor or try catching someone inside Raymond show rooms. confused on this one now.

Glad I could help regarding the suits...

I am not sure if the fellow in raymond will atler the suit for you as u do not have a bill from that place itself but even if he agrees he will charge u a lot to do the alterations.... go and just check it out na... Dont take ur suit along... U can tell him what alterations are to be made and ask for a rough quote... If it is within ur budget then get it done... Otherwise u can jsut walk out...

Dont go to a street tailor as he will ruin ur suit... Go to some fellow that makes suits and get it altered there...

@RS4

Its inside Forum Value Mall, Ground Floor. PM me incase you need any help on that.

Please share where do you plan to alter the suit.

@lida

Thank you bro, Checked with them on phone, 2500 Rs for alteration :(..

I am staying away from street tailors & checking out tailors good in suits, Please share if anyone knows.

Praks said:
@RS4

Its inside Forum Value Mall, Ground Floor. PM me incase you need any help on that.

Please share where do you plan to alter the suit.

Not buying suit, was just curious about the mega mart location, i usually buy jeans,Tees from that Forum megamart outlet :p

I am still wondering how do they sell it so cheap. Its like 40-50 % off.

Big Bazaar sells AFL & Knighthood but they are crappy, No good quality, no designs, dusty. If you look out for sales person & ask them to show you blazers, they will come with underwear in hand (50 ka 3) & show u blazers :(

@lida

Any idea on their heavy discount pricing of Mega mart ?

lets take an example: U wnat to buy a phone (MRP 25K)...

U buy one piece u get for 25K
Buy 2 piece u get it for 24.5K

What happens when u guy 10000 pieces??? jsut imagine the discount u get....
If I am not mistaken all clothes are from the ARVIND's factory only and Megamart is also one of its brand only so they bascially pick up large quantity of pieces from the factory at dirt cheap rates and sell it across to various stores in India... and large quantity is basically 100000 pieces of diff sizes but same design...

Eh got it. You are 100 % right.

Checked their history, Setup in 1996, Megamart is a venture of the prestigious Arvind Ltd.

Most reputed brands like Park Avenue, LP, Peter England are from Arvind only.. They will be taking directly from ware house & sell it.

@lida

Still looking for Tailor to alter it, There is a bit of misfit near shoulders, Do they alter that too Or just sleeve & total length of suite ?

^ Yeah lida is absolutely correct.

Even Lee/Wrangler is marketed by Arvind Mills ( i guess), coz i saw heavy discount on Lee and Wrangler at More megamart,Mahadevpura and was really shocked :eek:
Arvind is a part of Aditya Birla Group.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If you are looking for more suits,trousers,shirts visit lifestyle during weekends.There is a sale going on and 30-40% off on blacberry,arrow, LP

Back