Best router with parental control.

TechUser00

Disciple
I want to buy a good router that has any website duration limit, website block, speed control,etc. Kind of parent control. Any suggestions will be very helpful.
Price range ~ 2-3k.

Your basic website blocking and bandwidth limitation should be there in any decent router in that price range. Website time limit though, I'm not sure if that's something you'll find.

What websites are you looking to time limit? Maybe you can look for solutions other than a router for this requirement.

Your basic website blocking and bandwidth limitation should be there in any decent router in that price range. Website time limit though, I'm not sure if that's something you'll find.

What websites are you looking to time limit? Maybe you can look for solutions other than a router for this requirement.
Bandwith limitation (for every device connected) is available in stock firmware of TP-Link (my model) but website restrictions, time restrictions, etc. not available, those require purchase
Security+ yearly = 3500 INR
Advanced Parental Controls yearly = 1750 INR

Both have 30 day trial available.

Most Asus routers have security and parental control built-in for the lifetime of the product. TP-Link selling the hardware for cheap with limited firmware features and then selling everything as an add-on is ridiculous and the reason why I decided to never purchase a TP-Link router again.

Get one with Merlin firmware support, either the official one or the fork maintained by gnuton.

General website like Facebook, YouTube, etc. time limiting would have been a good option but I think those comes with a price.

Devices vary, but parental controls software built inside TP-Link router are very costly.

I will suggest look for a router which supports openwrt and also post on that forum for detailed information about parental control.
What I observed is that D-Link router are cheaper than Tplink. Does D-Link provides equivalent control like Tplink?

Most Asus routers have security and parental control built-in for the lifetime of the product. TP-Link selling the hardware for cheap with limited firmware features and then selling everything as an add-on is ridiculous and the reason why I decided to never purchase a TP-Link router again.

Get one with Merlin firmware support, either the official one or the fork maintained by gnuton.
Can you suggest some Asus router for that?

Can you suggest some Asus router for that?
Any Asus router with Asuswrt will support it. I think all Asus routers have been Asuswrt for the past few years but you can confirm on the website.

FAQ for parental controls is linked below.

Any Asus router with Asuswrt will support it. I think all Asus routers have been Asuswrt for the past few years but you can confirm on the website.

FAQ for parental controls is linked below.
I am looking to buy Asus RT-AX53U. Will it fullfill my requirement?

Back