Best Samsung Focus offer on ebay.com ??

gkay09

Disciple
Guys just wanted to know whether this is the best offer for a Samsung Focus that is available now on ebay.com, my friend might be picking it up this month,...
SAMSUNG FOCUS I917 8GB WINDOWS 7 BLACK 720P HD 5MP CAM | eBay

Also in the listing it is given that it comes in ATT box, does it mean that its a refurb one that comes in that white ATT box and not the Samsung box with the ATT logo, so confused.... :huh:
Have any of you have bought from any of these sellers??

Guys just wanted to know whether this is the best offer for a Samsung Focus that is available now on ebay.com, my friend might be picking it up this month,...

Also in the listing it is given that it comes in ATT box, does it mean that its a refurb one that comes in that white ATT box and not the Samsung box with the ATT logo, so confused....
Have any of you have bought from any of these sellers??

Also have posted in the Hot deals and discussions thread too, hoping to get more replies...

Any phones you buy from ATT comes with standard orange/white box with ATT logo. It is standard for any phones you buy here. I bought my HTC Aria/Captivate/BB 9700 with them and they came in same standard box design.

ATT box means it comes with official box that is being shipped from ATT if you were to buy phone from them. Since most of the phones sold here are contract phones, people say it will come with ATT/T-Mobile/Verizon box etc. That means it comes with box as provided by ATT.

Unlike in India, here each carrier (ATT/T-Mo/Verizon/Sprint/US Cellular) make their own unique boxes to ship their phones regardless of Samsung/Sony/HTC etc.

[attachment=9396:16077.attach]

I have attached some sample pics of different phone with same ATT box design to give you an idea.

Here is how refurbished box looks like. Just ask him, if it is refurbished box or regular box. But I am 99% sure that it should be one of the above.

[attachment=9397:16078.attach]

As for the deal, the price is good. For a new one, $211 is not bad at all. Good phone and the price is worth just for Super Amoled. Also that is the price other TE members seem to get it for. Maybe other members can share their opinion on this.

Attachments

• BB 9700.jpg
    BB 9700.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Captivate.jpg
    Captivate.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 135
  • Focus.jpg
    Focus.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 130
  • HTC Inspire.jpg
    HTC Inspire.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Refurbished box.jpg
    Refurbished box.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 133
@killmastern3

Do not worry. Unless your box mentions refurbished as shown in pictures, your's is not refurbished. It is common with ATT to give replacements (New ones) in generic boxes instead of the normal ATT boxes. So who knows? You might have a new replacement that came in generic box. I had similar experience with my HTC Aria, bought one had problem went to store and they replaced with new one in generic box. So do not worry.

You can get new pieces for cheaper. Try the auctions. There are also a lot of good options when it comes to Used Samsung Focus. There are many available in excellent condition, but are termed used because the seller might have sparingly used it. With a little bit of luck you can get really good pieces for around 160 USD

You can get new pieces for cheaper. Try the auctions. There are also a lot of good options when it comes to Used Samsung Focus. There are many available in excellent condition, but are termed used because the seller might have sparingly used it. With a little bit of luck you can get really good pieces for around 160 USD

aradhakr84 said:
@killmastern3

Do not worry. Unless your box mentions refurbished as shown in pictures, your's is not refurbished. It is common with ATT to give replacements (New ones) in generic boxes instead of the normal ATT boxes. So who knows? You might have a new replacement that came in generic box. I had similar experience with my HTC Aria, bought one had problem went to store and they replaced with new one in generic box. So do not worry.
Just checked. It is plain white box with only the ATT logo and "Your World. Delivered". Nothing else written. So must be a new one. Also my focus is version 1.3. That probably means it is a newly manufactured device right??

I got one mint condition focus for 110$ but shipping was 15$ =125$ , not a bad deal ;)

keep on looking for such kinds of deals , and yesterday one seller was selling one mint focus for 161$ shipped with 16gb extra card , 2 cases and box with all accessories . it was like new

@aradhakr84 Thanks for the detailed reply,...I was concerned when the listing said that it comes in ATT box thats all, also it dint mention anything about the handsfree,...

@RVK2488 from where did you buy yours ? Did it come in the type of box that aradhakr84 listed?

@JT_daniel I dont think it comes with a case, but there are so many available for cheap in ebay though,...

@yogeshtulsiani, @frankmehta Ya I know I might get a good one cheap in bidding, but not sure how I can go about as my friend is going to pay for it and get it when he has time,...

@agantuk I am willing to spend a bit more and get a New one, but they sure do look tempting though,.....

@gkay09

I bought mine through agantuk and as I have said before in some other thread...a BIG THANKS to him! He is VERY helpful..more than I expected! :p

Back