Audio Best Speakers for PC under Rs. 14,000

juventino

Disciple
Hi,

I'm looking to buy new speakers for my PC and TV use. So I would prefer something that allows multiple inputs. I am gonna be listening to music, watching movies and tv shows etc. I very rarely listen to hip hop and prefer music similar to Brit alternative rock, classic rock as well as stuff by prodigy, chemical brothers etc. What I definitely want is clarity. I don't want bass to overwhelm clarity/speech in music and movies.

The models I have thought about are (in no particular order):

1. Logitech Z623 2.1

2. Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

3. Creative Gigaworks T3

4. Altec Lansing MX6021

5. M-Audio AV40

6. Bose Companion 20

Please feel free to suggest other models. I am located in Delhi so I would appreciate if you can provide latest prices and shop contact info.

By the way, my PC has on board audio and it's crappy but I will be using it for the time being and perhaps purchase a USB soundcard a couple of months later.

Thanks in advance.

What I definitely want is clarity. I don't want bass to overwhelm clarity/speech in music and movies.

The models I have thought about are (in no particular order):

1. Logitech Z623 2.1

3. Creative Gigaworks T3

4. Altec Lansing MX6021

5. M-Audio AV40

6. Bose Companion 20

Thanks in advance.

According to the line written by you which I have re-written as bold so according to this:

1 Logitec Z623 - NO

2. Creative Gigaworks T40 Series 2 - According to their reviews some are positive and most of the reviews are negative. So Can't say

3. Creative Gigaworks T3 - NO (Bass is not as tight as it should be)

4. Altec Lansing MX6021 (No as it is not at all good before it's predecessor MX5021)

5. M-Audio AV40 - Very good but Swans D1080MK2 08 is better.

6. Bose Companion 20 - No Bose please.

Edifier S730 for around 15-16k. Will be better than the ones you posted. Crazy power, wooden, looks sexy too ;)
Call this number : 99715-76907. Don't remember the guy's name, he is official retailer of Edifier in Nehru Place, helpful guy, good price, quoted Rs. 19500 for Edifier S550 while others quoted 24 friggin k!

Edifier S730 for around 15-16k. Will be better than the ones you posted. Crazy power, wooden, looks sexy too ;)
Call this number : 99715-76907. Don't remember the guy's name, he is official retailer of Edifier in Nehru Place, helpful guy, good price, quoted Rs. 19500 for Edifier S550 while others quoted 24 friggin k!

Going in the 15-16k range then what about M-Audio Bx5a Studio?

I use this one with my TV & tablet, has two inputs, decent controls, good sound (after using it for several hours, it changes to a much nicer sound). wall mount stands are not in the box, caused me a pain there, and the transformer provided is HEAVY, so keep that in mind. Mine is now almost 2 years old. & they are not exactly small, over a foot in height.

Would be better i guess.
Going in the 15-16k range then what about M-Audio Bx5a Studio?

No way :)

I use this one with my TV & tablet, has two inputs, decent controls, good sound (after using it for several hours, it changes to a much nicer sound). wall mount stands are not in the box, caused me a pain there, and the transformer provided is HEAVY, so keep that in mind. Mine is now almost 2 years old. & they are not exactly small, over a foot in height.

With all due respect to Corsair these speakers didnot pull good reviews, there are better ones out there for same price :p
Gaming Audio Series? SP2500 High-power 2.1 PC Speaker System - Speakers - Audio

These fall into your budget and are known to impress quite a few internationally. I am not saying that these HAVE to be the ones you buy, but it's worth giving them a look.

Ok I am considering getting either the Creative SB X-Fi HD or M-Audio Fast Track USB an an external sound card and M-Audio AV 40s.

M-Audio AV40s are for Rs. 7500 + tax.
M-Audio Fast Track USB is for Rs. 5900 + tax
Don't know the price of the Creative X-Fi HD.

What say you?

Ok I am considering getting either the Creative SB X-Fi HD or M-Audio Fast Track USB an an external sound card and M-Audio AV 40s.

M-Audio AV40s are for Rs. 7500 + tax.
M-Audio Fast Track USB is for Rs. 5900 + tax
Don't know the price of the Creative X-Fi HD.

What say you?

Swans D1080MK2 08 is better than the M-Audio :)

AudioEngine 5 is 30k and is a 2.0 set-up, has a cult following of fanbois, got mixed reviews, Swans M50s are considered better. We're already above OP's budget of 14k. Let him decide :p i guess. He should probably settle for any Swans in his budget.
Any other forum ;) ?
juventino: Sorry to hijack your thread with OTs.

I've heard the M-Audio and it is a good VFM for sure. You could also look at the Audioengine 5 which will be slightly more than your budget but worth every penny.

AudioEngine 5 is 30k and is a 2.0 set-up, has a cult following of fanbois, got mixed reviews, Swans M50s are considered better. We're already above OP's budget of 14k. Let him decide :p i guess. He should probably settle for any Swans in his budget.
err Rock you mean the 5+? The 5 is still sub 20 iirc.

Back