Bharti Airtel to Sell Apple’s iPhone 4 in India - Its official now.

salluks said:
am sorry but i dont agree, no phone and i mean no phone is worth 35k!!!

and people going gaga over the iphone, what kind of a phone worth 35k doesn't even have radio???
I dont wanna listen to radio i have better things to do with the phone.

To all of you who've started bashing comp@ddict, let me clarify things for you.

I am not against the iPhone (nor I think he is). The problem is that the iPhone4 is already an year old & iPhone5 is round the corner. Apple is using India as a dumping ground of their old & outdated devices.

The hardware of the current iPhone is no match for the comparatively priced Androids. I agree that the current version of the iOS runs smoothly on it. But can anyone guarantee that the newer versions won't lag ? The iPhone5 would probably come with a dual-core processor & iOS would be optimized for it. Then you people would be the one crying out loud.

And the (expected) prices for carrier-locked iPhone4 in India are higher than factory unlocked ones in the US. In this situation, if you're buying:

1. Outdated

2. Carrier-locked

3. Overpriced

iPhone4 at a time when iPhone5 is about to release, then you're absolutely a fool.

^ Could please any source of news which shows iPhone 5 is launching anytime soon ? Also there are no factory unlocked phones sold in US :p.

Do agree about the Apple over pricing the phones in India and using the country as a dumping ground by launching products 10-12 months after US launch.

definitely man that is what i believe is best. get any other android smartphone like samsung galaxy S II and you willl be getting a latest phone and not an EOL phone.
better specs lower price what else does one need.

salluks said:
am sorry but i dont agree, no phone and i mean no phone is worth 35k!!!
and people going gaga over the iphone, what kind of a phone worth 35k doesn't even have radio???
Hey dude iPhone doesn't have stylus also. sucks right :rofl:

I hate people saying like this [no, salluks not to you, I am talking in general], same things I heard when I bought iPod Classic, Dell XPS and Nook Color.

pauldmps said:
Apple is using India as a dumping ground of their old & outdated devices.
+1. I agree.

pauldmps said:
The hardware of the current iPhone is no match for the comparatively priced Androids.
Compare iPhone 4's hardware when it was released. Not now. How it will be fair when I compare iP5 [if it launches] with SGS S-2 ?

Lets both look in past and see June/July 2010. Tell me high end android devices at that time. I can think of DHD and SGS. If you say those are better than iPhone 4, then #facepalm.

pauldmps said:
But can anyone guarantee that the newer versions won't lag ? The iPhone5 would probably come with a dual-core processor & iOS would be optimized for it.
I agree. But I am sure iP4 will be compatible for it ! iOS is the best mobile OS out there !
pauldmps said:
And the (expected) prices for carrier-locked iPhone4 in India are higher than factory unlocked ones in the US. In this situation, if you're buying:

1. Outdated
2. Carrier-locked
3. Overpriced
Totally agreed. But I will buy iP4 FU :bleh:

pauldmps said:
iPhone4 at a time when iPhone5 is about to release, then you're absolutely a fool.
Lets assume iP5 is going to release and price of iP4 reduces, -100$. Then one can get it around easily at 20-25K. But if one buys official iP4, the he is biggestfckingfool :no:

And as always iPhone 5 will be ahead of others :bleh:

Infact NO OTHER MANUFACTURER SUPPORTS THEIR HARDWARE (OS updates) for 2 years except apple.

When the Iphone 3G was laggy with iOS 4.0, they released a iOS4.1 that was usuable.

A Iphone 3GS runs iOS4 decent enough, and so I assume even a iP4 is bound to run iOS5 decent enough.

I think everyone here would agree that the devices from Apple are the ones which get outdated as soon as a newer generation device is released.

It might be possible that Apple is not going to launch iPhone5 in July, but they will within the next 6 months or so.

And even if anyone buys iPhone, then India is definitely not the place to buy one. You get carrier-locked phones at higher prices than an imported one. I don't know how it makes sense.

pauldmps said:
I think everyone here would agree that the devices from Apple are the ones which get outdated as soon as a newer generation device is released.

It might be possible that Apple is not going to launch iPhone5 in July, but they will within the next 6 months or so.

And even if anyone buys iPhone, then India is definitely not the place to buy one. You get carrier-locked phones at higher prices than an imported one. I don't know how it makes sense.
What do you mean by outdated?? even a Iphone 3G sells for 11K+ even today and runs Angry birds well.

This was released in July 2008, now tell me any device from another manufacturer from that era that demands the same premium and gives that kind of performance.

An iP4 would be enough for a lot of people for next one year, only we techies would be running behind dual cores. (Infact android is still not optimized for dual cores)

And with technology, you always have something new and upcoming.. else how would the tech companies compete with each other. But apple did release the iPhone 4 with Retina display and 1 GHz proc last year, and they did release the Dual core iPad 2 as well in Mar 2011.

I do agree that India is not the place to buy an iPhone.

pauldmps said:

It applies to every device. Now SGS II is around the corner wouldn't that make SGS outdated ?

avi said:
It applies to every device. Now SGS II is around the corner wouldn't that make SGS outdated ?
still when u can buy iphone 5 soon in 2 months why to buy iphone 4 in same price in india better buy it from out of india and enjoy new latest product

avi said:
No it won't. The SGS & SGSII are entirely different devices in terms of hardware, software & price. They cater to different types of users.

Apple devices work in a different way. As soon a newer generation comes out, the older one becomes outdated immediately & no one wants it then.

[youtube]ON243l6cs8o[/youtube]

pauldmps said:
No it won't. The SGS & SGSII are entirely different devices in terms of hardware, software & price. They cater to different types of users.

Apple devices work in a different way. As soon a newer generation comes out, the older one becomes outdated immediately & no one wants it then.

The SGS was Samsungs flagship and so is SGSII...

Now Sansung and apple are making MOBILE PHONES, how exactly are they are working in a different way. And add some more facts to your post rather than just posting Apple devices are outdated immediately??? they demand the most premium for second hand devices.. and you say NO ONE WANTS THEM..

pauldmps said:
No it won't. The SGS & SGSII are entirely different devices in terms of hardware, software & price.
When did I say they are similar bro ? There is a difference of one-fcking-year.
pauldmps said:
They cater to different types of users.

pauldmps said:
Apple devices work in a different way.

pauldmps said:
As soon a newer generation comes out, the older one becomes outdated immediately & no one wants it then.

482.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist myself.

Hope you watched the video.

And do whatever you find right. You'll be the first one to cry when iPhone5 comes out.

Samsung has hundreds of phone models every model speced & priced differently. You cannot compare them Flagships too cannot be compared as flagships keep changing.

With Apple, things are different. They have only one model. Newer gen devices are priced exactly what the older one. As soon as newer devices are out, people start vouching for it even if there is a very little improvement in specs.

I can take the example of iPad & iPad2. The day iPad2 was launched, the older iPad's price was reduced by $100. Apple offered to replace those iPads which were sold within one week of the launch of the iPad2. Most people did return it instead of getting $100 discount.

While old iPad is still available in stocks, people stood in queues for hours to get their iPad2.

The iPad2 has very little improvement over the older one in terms of specs. But still people want it. Why ? Simply because it is a newer gen.

Currently, iPad2 is facing shortage to meet the demands while the iPad1 is still available & no one is buying it.

I can show you many threads where people are selling their last year's Macbook pro to get this year's. Reason- Thunderbolt, which no use currently.

Call this fanboyism or call this magic but Apple products work this way.

@Sanav3

If iPhone is just a mobile phone, then why waste so much money on it ? Instead get something cheaper & better speced.

Apple devices are different. Their marketing is different. Their user base is different. You cannot compare other devices spec-by-spec to it.

If you don't understand this, don't get Apple products. You'll regret hard.

^^Don`t know about iphones,but I am yet to see a single idiot who is selling the 2010 MBP and buying a 2011 one for the thunderbolt!!

^ ^ I have no idea of what your point is? Are you angry that apple came out with IPAD 2 and offered IPAD 1 a USD 100 discount? Or are you upset that people have the money to buy a IPad 2 even though they have an IPad 1 at home? Or are you just angry that you dont have either the Ipad 1 / 2 / Iphone 1/2/3/4? Check what the resale value for an Ipad 1 is on ebay.com, these guys who get the next best apple product only have to chip in <50% of the overall cost. Cause apple products have the highest resale value in the tablet + mobile phones category.

Iphone 4 = "overpriced"... Cause 1) Airtel gets a larger cut now compared to before <Period>.

Ipad 2 uses dual core @ 800 / 900 MHZ if im not mistaken, with a revised graphics proc. Blatant ignorance is never good. I will have to agree on Avi's double facepalm.

I think nobody is understanding (or trying to understand) my point of view.

n00b said:
^ ^I have no idea of what your point is? Are you angry that apple came out with IPAD 2 and offered IPAD 1 a USD 100 discount?

Nope. It is not something to be angry about. Apple does price-cuts only after a new-generation device is launched to replace the old one.

Or are you upset that people have the money to buy a IPad 2 even though they have an IPad 1 at home?

And what is the exact reason for people doing this ?

Or are you just angry that you dont have either the Ipad 1 / 2 / Iphone 1/2/3/4?

I don't care. I am a student & I'll buy one when I start earning.

Check what the resale value for an Ipad 1 is on ebay.com, these guys who get the next best apple product only have to chip in <50% of the overall cost. Cause apple products have the highest resale value in the tablet + mobile phones category.

Why are you worried about resale value? Are you planning to get a used one or you are selling off your Apple device ? Resale value is not a matter of discussion here. We're talking about getting a brand-new iPhone 4.

Iphone 4 = "overpriced"... Cause 1) Airtel gets a larger cut now compared to before <Period>.

And if you are feeding them your money for nothing, then you're a fool.

Ipad 2 uses dual core @ 800 / 900 MHZ if im not mistaken, with a revised graphics proc. Blatant ignorance is never good. I will have to agree on Avi's double facepalm.
And an average (& rich) user has nothing to do with technical specs. If that were the case, then Motorola Xoom would've been the highest selling tablet.

Do you think that the demand for iPad2 over iPad is because of dual-core processor or better GPU ?

I think it is more because of it being more thinner & having a colorful cover on it.

Dude gets you facts right and dont keep trying hard to prove your point.

I used a Iphone 3G for 6 months, its the best experience a phone offered me till date. But once back in India, the JB and unlock was not worth it.

I would surely buy a FU when I get a chance.

And the iPad2 GPU is more powerful than a XOOM, and the processor is competitive. The design is thinner, and the only point where xoom is better is the screen resolution.

But still people are buying iPad2 because of much better availability of applications and not just because its APPLE.

Infact Xoom is costlier than the basic version of an iPad2.

I never said Samsung and Apple are making JUST phones, I said they are making mobile phones competing against each other for flagship.

We all know about the delays with Samsung's flagship - Galaxy S update to Gingerbread, these things dont happen with Apple flagship products.

Back