Bored with Galaxy SII..What Are My Options?

Hey fellow members

I have been using Samsung Galaxy SII. Now I am bored with the handset and want to get a different phone. What are my options and which phones do you recommend?

PS: Budget is not a constraint but I am not going to buy the Iphone 4S. Having used 3G and 3GS, I hate iOS now.

TIA

devv

I am in a similar boat. Had the SGS2 for 5 months. Have used the 4s for 10 days.

Both were able to satisfy my requirements to a certain extent, but the 4s was really pathetic as a media consumption device but shone when it comes to music and camera. The SGS2 frankly didn't need to be replaced, and was perfect and had even replaced my laptop for my needs but even i was bored with it and got it out of the door before it lost it's market value.

The main gripe with both the S2 and the 4s was battery life and i had to charge them both twice a day as i was using them for like 18hrs a day. That was fine till i stayed near a charging port but became problematic when travelling.

Now i have bought an N8 for push notifications, calls, texts,FB, etc. and the heavenly camera, plus and a Touchpad for my media consumption and browsing on the bed needs.

Mate, what you need is a custom ROM. Try MIUI. It has come to a stage when I would look to buy a phone that would run MIUI.

The s2 has some brilliant h/w. Also maybe you should give IceCream Sandwich a go before you decide to retire an android.
<

i was confused between buying S2 or note or wait for S3 but wen i got to use NOTE i was brain dead loved the device and bought it yesterday. itssss awesome and u get used to the size in no time. its fits in any pant or jeans and i have no problem while riding my bike also.....BUY THE NOTE

divfatilty

here is what i suggest

1)get a bb if you are a "social butterfly". however after a while. you will get bored and frustrated with the constant buzzing/vibrating of the phone. i did and switched over to android

2)get the note

i have played around with the sgs2 and trust me the note is a completely different beast all together. the basic hardware is the same but its the note's amazing 720p display that will make you drool

divfatilty

here is what i suggest

1)get a bb if you are a "social butterfly". however after a while. you will get bored and frustrated with the constant buzzing/vibrating of the phone. i did and switched over to android

2)get the note

i have played around with the sgs2 and trust me the note is a completely different beast all together. the basic hardware is the same but its the note's amazing 720p display that will make you drool

try pairing up a BB with a BB playbook and see the result...you will be amazed!

Besides the first quote in this reply,

I have used it and in fact every BB phone, and 9900 with the tablet. It is hardly good.

And yes the buzz buzz buzz is irritating and I wouldn't still have a BB if it wasn't for a girl
<

Trash the Samsung galaxy S2, and but SE Xperia Play, it also runs on Android, so you wont have to struggle to get used to it, and yea whenever u get bored you always have the option to hook to PS games, and who dont loves PS games
<

Back