BSNL 3G Thread

hello all, i am using mumbai sim in chennai now... whenever any download reaches 2.5 Mbps it's gettin disconnected.. without downloads the connection works just fine...

any idea abt this ? anyway to resolve this issue ?

guys, a little doubt regarding 3G plan -

If you have say opted for a 3G plan (1GB), would BSNL charge you if you use internet in 2G mode?

I want to go for 6GB plan (1GB day, 5GB night) for my android phone, since my phone battery doesnt have big backup time, i would switch to 2Gb mode only (day time), in that mode i would be using gmail, gtalk & sometimes map.

So, will BSNL charge for using internet on 2G mode but using 3G plan?

^ No, they will not, the cash balance will not be affected as long as the data pack is active and it doesn't matter whether you use it in 3G or 2G.

The personnel activated some plan in which its 'costing' me Rs. 0.70/min. I called a airtel no. & 'call' lasted ~30 sec, & it costed.70p :/ just 30pless than my airtel in roaming.
I had requested specifically for 1p/sec plan.
She recharged for 180+200 .
Now is it possible to change the plan, If yes, then 'whats' the recharge plan amount?
Btw, are those 2g plan for 3g hack still working? :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Jesus Christ! Swype is messing so many words. Damn you Swype.Lol

manually changed words in ('zzz')

Well its related to bsnl so I posted here. Sorry for that Mr. Forum police sir.
:p
Anyways I also asked about bsnl 3g trick/hack too, do they still work?

^ You can recharge for Rs 2 and you will be migrated to the 1p/s plan.

v5mCL.png

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd

Guys, I have a few questions, actually a lot. Do help me out as I need a high speed internet asap.

After getting the sim, what should I do to get the unlimited iPad plan? and how much is the SIM via proper chanells and through BM.

Can I use the same sim in another state without any issues? (I plan to use in Chennai and Bangalore)

Which is the best way to connect to a laptop? I would prefer it if I can get a WIFI router to work with it. Doesnt matter even if it gets a bit expensive.

Also is there anyway I can setup a low cost download rig using a router that works with a SIM in it?

Also is the IP dynamic?

Please go through the thread! Anyway

1. Recharge for Rs 999. Rs 100 from CSC

2. Yes

3. Get a USB Modem and a 3G Router (Modem - E177, Router you can try Tenda, Trendnet etc. Check eBay)

4. Yes you can try the Asus N13U or if you are comfortable with Linux you can get a PogoPlug, Seagate GoFlex

5. Yes, dynamic Public IP

Back