BSNL Upgrades some ULF Plans 4 Mbps till 8GB for Rs 900/-

Supra

Skilled
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd has withdrawn 2 BroadBand Plans and upgraded 3 Broadband plans.

The 2 plans which are withdrawn by BSNL are BB Home Combo ULF 1100 and BBG Combo 1999. The one's who are already using these plans can continue to use the same plan but these 2 plans are now no longer available for new customers.

The Broadband plans which BSNL upgraded are - BB Home Combo ULF 900, BB Home Combo ULF 1000 and BB Home Combo ULF 1350.

The Bandwidth of BB Home Combo ULF 900 plan is upgraded as follows:

BB Home Combo ULF 900

Existing Bandwidth 512 Kbps upto 8 GB & 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB
Revised Bandwidth 4 Mbps upto 8 GB & 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB

The fair usage limit of BB Home Combo ULF 1000 and BB Home Combo ULF 1350 is increased as follows

BB Home Combo ULF 1000

Existing Fair Usage Limit : 1 Mbps upto 9 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 9 GB
Revised Fair Usage Limit : 1 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB

BB Home Combo ULF 1350

Existing Fair Usage Limit : 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 15 GB
Revised Fair Usage Limit : 2 Mbps upto 20 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB

Source :

BSNL withdraws 2 Broadband plans and Upgrades 3 Broadband plans

these fup plans never fail to make me laugh. why are they still insisting on carrying on with that stupid 256k speed is beyond my imagination. maybe bsnl babu's love that 256k word a lot. even 1Mb speed seems slow to me now :|

^^ Lol just a month back we used to pay Rs 750 for a measly 256 UL line !! So at least they are waking up :p...I for one will welcome this as I use my BSNL connection only for brwosing and steraming , VPN purposes. The spead will greatly help that. For download there is Photon+ where I can download w/o any FUP even till 200GB or more :D

With these pathetic FUPs , its better to stick with 750UL . Hope they don't force a FUP on this one

This plan upgrade doesn't make any sense , with 4 mbps speed its very easy to cross 8gb limit.

This plan upgrade doesn't make any sense , with 4 mbps speed its very easy to cross 8gb limit.

One way to counter that is dont just let the session/modem disconnect ......till the session is continued you will get full 4 mbps :D ....doesn't sound bad with an UPS running if we can keep the session running for at least 3-4 days at full 4 Mbps :D

^how much do u pay for photon+?

The plan is no more available. It is Rs 1500+taxes per months for UL DL/UL w/o any FUP.

Supra said:
^^ Lol just a month back we used to pay Rs 750 for a measly 256 UL line !! So at least they are waking up :p...I for one will welcome this as I use my BSNL connection only for brwosing and steraming , VPN purposes. The spead will greatly help that. For download there is Photon+ where I can download w/o any FUP even till 200GB or more :D

I cant find any UL plan for photon+ , how much u pay for it and whats the average speed ?

I cant find any UL plan for photon+ , how much u pay for it and whats the average speed ?

Speeds as always depends on EVDO/HSIA coverage in your area. I get avg 1~1.2 Mbps with peaks of arnd 2 Mbps . UL plan is no more available :p

I am currently using 900 plan don't see any drastic change in the speed !
besides its not officially declared by BSNL

still the 256 after the 8Gb is too slow coming from 4Mbps. A 512 would have been decent and would actually appeal to the masses !
6pack said:
these fup plans never fail to make me laugh. why are they still insisting on carrying on with that stupid 256k speed is beyond my imagination. maybe bsnl babu's love that 256k word a lot. even 1Mb speed seems slow to me now :|
exactly !
512 would be reasonable enough
Supra said:
One way to counter that is dont just let the session/modem disconnect ......till the session is continued you will get full 4 mbps :D ....doesn't sound bad with an UPS running if we can keep the session running for at least 3-4 days at full 4 Mbps :D
well thats news to me, didn't know that if you kept the session running the speed would remain the same(If the session thing is really true then this plan isn't bad at all), invariably I never turn the modem off because at all times some download or the other keeps going on ! :p

just ran the speed test now and this is the result

am not sure if 4 Mbps is true but at least now I am getting 2Mbps.
P.s: I am on 900 combo plan

^^ Damn I am also getting 2 Mbps on ULF 900 plan. Problem is for allmost all ppl the modem sync sppeds are limited at 2 Mbps download and 512 kbps upload. I have raised a complaint today for upgrading the sync speeds. Lets see when they wake up :p

Supra said:
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd has withdrawn 2 BroadBand Plans and upgraded 3 Broadband plans.

The 2 plans which are withdrawn by BSNL are BB Home Combo ULF 1100 and BBG Combo 1999. The one's who are already using these plans can continue to use the same plan but these 2 plans are now no longer available for new customers.

The Broadband plans which BSNL upgraded are - BB Home Combo ULF 900, BB Home Combo ULF 1000 and BB Home Combo ULF 1350.

The Bandwidth of BB Home Combo ULF 900 plan is upgraded as follows:

BB Home Combo ULF 900

Existing Bandwidth 512 Kbps upto 8 GB & 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB

The fair usage limit of BB Home Combo ULF 1000 and BB Home Combo ULF 1350 is increased as follows

BB Home Combo ULF 1000

Existing Fair Usage Limit : 1 Mbps upto 9 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 9 GB
Revised Fair Usage Limit : 1 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB

BB Home Combo ULF 1350

Existing Fair Usage Limit : 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 15 GB
Revised Fair Usage Limit : 2 Mbps upto 20 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB

Source :

BSNL withdraws 2 Broadband plans and Upgrades 3 Broadband plans
The 900 combo plan is official,
.:Unlimited Home Only:.

I can only laugh when isps in here bragging about how fast their connection is. Back in those times there were companies offering '114 kbps' broadband connection. Sigh...The price for broadband is still beyond the reach of an average guy in here. My mind sinks when some of my friends refer to their 10 mbps connection is rather slow:(

Well.. How about a connection like this?

924442695.png

well... i checked the rate of a 100Mbps connection from BSNL. It was Rs. 89,000 per month.

In Japan and South Korea, 100Mbps is almost standard..

I was wondering when it will come to India.

Thats why i posted that..

Back