Budget 21-30k BUDGET (GAMING) PC

Popsicleed

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    >
    21-30k, I don't mind going a little overboard if necessary.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    >N/A
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model?
    >N/A
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - amd Ryzen 5 3600 Flipkart Link / amd Ryzen 3 3200 / Amazon Link (I7 3rd gen)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - any compatible GPU
    • PSU - any compatible PSU
    • CASE - Flipkart Link Ant Esports ICE- 112 Support ATX, Micro-ATX, ITX | Pre-Installed 3 Front Fans & 1 Rear Fan Mid- Tower Computer Case/Gaming Cabinet (White)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, I would like to slowly upgrade it in the future.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mizoram.
      >Open to online purchase, both original and refurbished shops.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming, Youtube.
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No RGB's if POSSIBLE.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Warcraft 3 reforged, League of Legends, Dota 2.
    • Misc - The Sims 4, Valorant, Minecraft, ROBLOX, RPG MAKER GAMES.
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720, I although don't mind 720p resolution :))!
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • I'm not sure on this one, it depends.
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit.

>I hope these informations are enough, although all I do is play games, I don't mind playing on low/medium settings for most games considering my low budget.
      >I found a deal for ryzen 3 3200 for 4000 inr.
      >decent 40-60 fps
      >8/16 RAM
      Thank you for being amazing, TE community <3!

At this price point, you are looking at used parts, a mini pc with a GPU, or an APU build.

If you want all new parts, an APU Build is your best way forward. Upgrade order should be to get a better monitor, a GPU and a CPU (while selling off the iGPU), in that order.

Kept a beefier power supply, so that you don't have to change that, and all upgrades are drop-in upgrades. Good luck.

Gaming pcs at this budget might cause you to regret your decision.

I will suggest to go for Xbox series S or used PS5 and get psn plus or Xbox games pass.
Much better deal for gaming and your pc requirements are also so basic just gaming and YouTube.
Which you can do both easily on above mentioned systems.

But if pc is what you want to stick too . I am sure you will find great suggestions here.

30k is a decent budget actually,you'll be skimping out on gpu power but if those really are the only games you want to play, it's more than adequate.

Look into used, without a doubt. I built my current pc out of old hand me down parts, a xeon aliexpress cpu, an erodov (before it went down) asus rog rx570, and an 8gb ddr3 ram stick for about 19k. Damn thing still works and will continue to do so until it dies. Also gave me a brilliant oppurtunity to learn video editing that has given my student ass a nice sidejob during the vacations..

A deal like this would have been great, maybe a better mobo like a b450 would have sweetened it even more
CPU - amd Ryzen 5 3600 Flipkart Link / amd Ryzen 3 3200 / Amazon Link (I7 3rd gen)
Don't even consider the i7 3rd gen, that is utterly ancient now and I know that because I'm still running it. I suppose a ryzen 5 3600 is the min you should get imo. Other members may chip in as well, if I recall right, certain i3 chips of the latest gens can compete with older midrange cpus now. @OMEGA44-XT might know more about this
GPU - any compatible GPU
I don't think you'll need anything that beefy really looking at what you want to play (and that's assuming these are your definite genres/games). Just that imo it should be stronger than an rx570 or 1650 but not reaching rtx 3060 levels (if anything I'm saying makes any sense to anyone lol).

Yes, I would like to slowly upgrade it in the future.
How sure are you on this? If you believe that down the line you might upgrade the gpu to something else far more powerful (say an rtx 3070), then it would be better to spend the cash now on a system that will not bottleneck that future upgrade. And to what extent?

I wish I could help you out a bit further but I'm just too out of date with PC hardware these days. Not that I'm too old that I can't understand stuff anymore, I just stop following prices and news once I finish my objective for doing so. The other members can help you out, but it is possible to build a great pc for a budget, you just need to have loads of patience and to always lookout for used deals. Check used pc part facebook groups as well, it used to be just zoukart and a few other groups before but that was ages back (pre covid), ask around and see what's the current prices on stuff. Do your own research too on what the best bang for your buck will be, sincerely speaking, not that many people here will just help you constantly unless you also do some work.

Wouldn't suggest a gaming console at your budget, usually people who can own consoles and afford to splash 4k+ on every game can afford to buy a gaming pc above 50k. I believe if you could, you would buy a ps5 as well.

At this price point, you are looking at used parts, a mini pc with a GPU, or an APU build.

If you want all new parts, an APU Build is your best way forward. Upgrade order should be to get a better monitor, a GPU and a CPU (while selling off the iGPU), in that order.

Kept a beefier power supply, so that you don't have to change that, and all upgrades are drop-in upgrades. Good luck.

Thank you!! I will note that right now :)!

Gaming pcs at this budget might cause you to regret your decision.

I will suggest to go for Xbox series S or used PS5 and get psn plus or Xbox games pass.
Much better deal for gaming and your pc requirements are also so basic just gaming and YouTube.
Yes, I've been thinking about this too, but I still prefer a PC for the sake of aesthetics.

But if pc is what you want to stick too . I am sure you will find great suggestions here.
Thank you. I know I will!
Don't even consider the i7 3rd gen, that is utterly ancient now and I know that because I'm still running it.
Oh damn okay xD, I thought it was good since I saw the chip gaming test on youtube and it runs well
I still have alternatives anyways, so that's fine.
I don't think you'll need anything that beefy really looking at what you want to play (and that's assuming these are your definite genres/games). Just that imo it should be stronger than an rx570 or 1650 but not reaching rtx 3060 levels
Noted.
How sure are you on this? If you believe that down the line you might upgrade the gpu to something else far more powerful (say an rtx 3070), then it would be better to spend the cash now on a system that will not bottleneck that future upgrade
I'm not really a tech savvy but spending a few more cash on a better system would be fine, although I do not think I could do that considering me (and my family's) budget. So I am happy with a system that could run walk.
Do your own research too on what the best bang for your buck will be, sincerely speaking, not that many people here will just help you constantly unless you also do some work.
Noted.
Thank you!

Last edited:
The i3 12100 can outperform Ryzen 3000 series & match older i5s. But OP, you have to get lucky in getting used parts. IMO increase your budget.

Used RX6600 at 11-13k is a great choice for GPU. For others, see what you can get from the used market.

Check Facebook groups as well (your responsibility to do due diligence):

Last edited:
The i3 12100 can outperform Ryzen 3000 series & match older i5s. But OP, you have to get lucky in getting used parts. IMO increase your budget.

Used RX6600 at 11-13k is a great choice for GPU. For others, see what you can get from the used market.

Check Facebook groups as well (your responsibility to do due diligence):
Someone is selling i3 12100f for 4.5k in the classifieds and rx6600 can be sourced for 11k easily.

1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, I would like to slowly upgrade it in the future.

Dont get a AM4 mobo and CPU then.

No upgradability.

Wouldn't suggest a gaming console at your budget, usually people who can own consoles and afford to splash 4k+ on every game can afford to buy a gaming pc above 50k. I believe if you could, you would buy a ps5 as well.
Things have changed a lot with coming on psn plus and Xbox game pass etc.
Just recently I wanted some games on steam during sale and luckily I thought let me check if they are on Xbox game pass and most of them I needed were all there.

Even PC steam games are no longer cheap like back in those days with coming out Indian prices .

Yes it might not come immediately on psn plus/Xbox game pass but even if some latest and greatest games keep coming you will have saved much money. Not many who are into gaming console are paying 4K+ anymore.
Just to let you know.

My brother in CPU, save up and raise your budget to about 50K! There is something to be said in favor of buying nice or buying twice.

Do not target any Intel processor older than an i3 12th gen or AMD processor below a Ryzen 3000 series.

Your only other options are a used console or a used laptop.

Dont get a AM4 mobo and CPU then.

No upgradability.
This is misleading. End of the platform from AMD's side yes, but do you think you won't be getting stuff like 5800X3D for multiple years in the used market? If OP is not interested in upgrading via used parts, sure, but that is important caveat.

I don't know why the repeated calls to increase the budget. Yes, you can always get something better with a few k more, but looking at the requirements there's no way a 30k build can't handle those.

Personally I like moviesmusicmayhem's build in the second post, but that has the caveat of having no monitor budget. That's a good starting point but you need to get the knowledge to ask the specific questions you need answers to. Without knowing stuff you can't decide on what compromises you're ok with making because of the budget and what you'd rather not compromise on.

A couple of things though, don't skimp on the PSU by buying something like Ant or Zebronics etc. You might want to look into something like getting only 8GB of RAM and a tiny 256GB or even 128GB SSD to free up some budget for a monitor, and upgrading these in a couple of months etc. A 3200G instead of 4600G will save you ~3k and while it's not an ideal downgrade considering the age of the 3200G, it should still be able to handle your games, afaik.

This is misleading. End of the platform from AMD's side yes, but do you think you won't be getting stuff like 5800X3D for multiple years in the used market? If OP is not interested in upgrading via used parts, sure, but that is important caveat.

I don't know why the repeated calls to increase the budget. Yes, you can always get something better with a few k more, but looking at the requirements there's no way a 30k build can't handle those.

Personally I like moviesmusicmayhem's build in the second post, but that has the caveat of having no monitor budget. That's a good starting point but you need to get the knowledge to ask the specific questions you need answers to. Without knowing stuff you can't decide on what compromises you're ok with making because of the budget and what you'd rather not compromise on.

A couple of things though, don't skimp on the PSU by buying something like Ant or Zebronics etc. You might want to look into something like getting only 8GB of RAM and a tiny 256GB or even 128GB SSD to free up some budget for a monitor, and upgrading these in a couple of months etc. A 3200G instead of 4600G will save you ~3k and while it's not an ideal downgrade considering the age of the 3200G, it should still be able to handle your games, afaik.
I did build a R3 3200G build right in the middle of the pandemic. I got mildly flamed on the comment section for dead ending myself without an upgrade path. Most of the western users criticise our choices without a full understanding of our scarce choices and overpriced offerings of the Indian market. But I digress... I ended up doing a 2nd build, an i5-12400 build

I honestly did the 2nd build because I was slightly addicted to PC building more than anything else! I don't even play much, other than ocassional Age of Empires games for nostalgia's sake.

My interpretation of the OP is that they are keen on gaming without burning a hole in their (and parents'?) pocket. And I respect that. Just because, I had the privilege/luxury of doing 2 builds, I would not suggest that for everyone. And due to, what I assume, the OP is keen on (gaming, with an upgrade path), I would urge them to go with a full build than an APU or (heavens forbid!) those outdated crap being sold on flipkart/amazon.

So you're assuming that OP is, in the future going to continue to be not well off, and buy used parts?

So you're assuming that OP is, in the future going to continue to be not well off, and buy used parts?
Not to flame on a message board, but isn't the LGA1700 socket as dead as the AM4? I thought I read somewhere that the 15th gen is going to be on a new socket. I think, if one is hard pressed for budget going with AM4 is more bang for buck than an LGA1700, right? In 5 years when DDR5 becomes the norm, they can and should build a new one (only if the current one is no longer meeting their needs!)

Lol. You're the one assuming anything about being well off or not, either now or in the future. I don't make it my business to speculate on someone else's finances. The problem statement is to build something in X budget that can run Y comfortably. Finances have nothing to do with it as far as the solution to that problem goes.

Not everyone who can buy new parts necessarily wants to buy new parts. I'm not a new part elitist like you evidently are.

Back