Budget mifi micromax mmx400r ~2700inr

I got the device just about a week back, here is what I have experienced:

Plus points:

1. Network speeds are really good, I have tried BSNL Sim & Vodafone Sim, both the sim never gave me speeds beyond 1.5 mbps on my samsung wave, but here BSNL has shown up to 2 mbps consistently and Vodafone has shown up to 5.5 mbps across multiple speed test results.
2. It is very easy to configure, and the admin page is good too with a lot of options to configure and secure your device.
3. It's easy to carry, even in pocket, it does get warm but not hot.

Negative points:
1. The power button is inconsistent, sometimes it refuses to function while switching off (mostly when the device goes in to a steady green light for power indicator).
2. Sometimes, when I switch on the device and do not connect to the internet using the device, it randomly goes to (sleep/stuck).
3. Every time you power on the device, before you can start browsing, you are shown a sort of a login page.

1st 2 negative points might just be in my case, I am going to test it for a few more days, before I take it in for repair/replacement.

Also, can current users point me to the steps to power on the device, I have tried pressing "On" button for more than 2 seconds and then hit the WLAN key, as in the manual, but it never works. Instead, I always power it on, leave it to start flashing the lights after about 30 seconds, and then connect to it.
Another query, have you noticed any of the problems I mentioned above?

I got the device just about a week back, here is what I have experienced:

Plus points:

1. Network speeds are really good, I have tried BSNL Sim & Vodafone Sim, both the sim never gave me speeds beyond 1.5 mbps on my samsung wave, but here BSNL has shown up to 2 mbps consistently and Vodafone has shown up to 5.5 mbps across multiple speed test results.
2. It is very easy to configure, and the admin page is good too with a lot of options to configure and secure your device.
3. It's easy to carry, even in pocket, it does get warm but not hot.

Negative points:
1. The power button is inconsistent, sometimes it refuses to function while switching off (mostly when the device goes in to a steady green light for power indicator).
2. Sometimes, when I switch on the device and do not connect to the internet using the device, it randomly goes to (sleep/stuck).
3. Every time you power on the device, before you can start browsing, you are shown a sort of a login page.

1st 2 negative points might just be in my case, I am going to test it for a few more days, before I take it in for repair/replacement.

Also, can current users point me to the steps to power on the device, I have tried pressing "On" button for more than 2 seconds and then hit the WLAN key, as in the manual, but it never works. Instead, I always power it on, leave it to start flashing the lights after about 30 seconds, and then connect to it.
Another query, have you noticed any of the problems I mentioned above?

> I have faced same issue when device was new but now everything is working fine device boot within 3-4 seconds and internet connected within 25-30 seconds.

Ya, cool. So streaming is out but downloading it is possible right?

Thanks man, repped!

Yup but speed will be slow try to use Class 10 microsd card :)

Back