Storage Solutions burnt Seagate HDD 500GB issue

cricfan

Adept
My replugging the hdd...looks like the component inside the PCB got burnt.i cud smell it proper.its a 500GB HDD with around 400GB data inside..HDD is in warranty till 2012.Will Seagate(Accel) consider the warranty given that it is a case of burnt PCB.if they do,i will be recieving a new/refurbished empty hdd .so is there any chance of seagate/Accel replacing the PCB thereby keeping the data intact..i am will to bear the cost of the PCB..can some clarify my doubts please....thanks in advance..

I don't think they repair hard drives locally. Best you can do is borrow someone's hard drive and swap PCBs for the recovery. Ask around and see if someone nearby has a similar drive.

Accel wont accept your drive, also they dont support data receovery/backups operations in India,but 3rd party peoples does !.if your data is important the you can send your hdd to these people,soem people also repair damaged PCBs too !.

Naga,

the working 500GB hdd has firmware cc34 and the burnt one has cc35.google a bit and looks like firmware has to match too..will be going to accel today..will get back to this thread later..

Back