Buy a DVD Player with USB

karanboochra

Disciple
Oct 27, 2007
Hey guys..I want to buy a DVD player which has a USB input option .And can play XVID/DIVX formats also...

It shud also have a option that if i put a subtitle file in the same folder as the movie , then it plays the movie along with the subtitles...

Budget is 3k-3.5k ..Suggest some gud options

thogaibalu

Disciple
Dec 24, 2009
thogai.in
Most of the DVD players in the market support USB playback of DIVX/XVID. For your budget you could easily get some good Philips DVD Player.

Are you thinking of playing off USB Pen Drive / USB Harddisk? If Hard disk, most of the branded players can play only from Pen Drives. I've a BAJAJ player which plays from external Harddisk, it can also read from different partitions. :)

You can buy it here for ~2K

karanboochra

Disciple
Oct 27, 2007
thogaibalu said:
Most of the DVD players in the market support USB playback of DIVX/XVID. For your budget you could easily get some good Philips DVD Player.
Are you thinking of playing off USB Pen Drive / USB Harddisk? If Hard disk, most of the branded players can play only from Pen Drives. I've a BAJAJ player which plays from external Harddisk, it can also read from different partitions. :)
You can buy it here for ~2K

I just want a DVD player that supports PEN DRIVES and can read movies from it .. Also , if a subtitles file is present in the movie folder in the PEN DRIVE, then it should play the subtitles also .. Can the BAJAJ and philips playerdo this?

thogaibalu

Disciple
Dec 24, 2009
thogai.in
^ Sorry for missing it out. Yeah, almost all players in the market which have USB port support .srt files. I doubt .sub files are supported.

I can confirm my Bajaj and Philips (checked in some friend's) can read divx/xvid movie from PEN DRIVE and also play .srt subtitles.