Buying an OTG - What to look for?

nitz

Disciple
Am planning to buy an OTG for my wife, who is interested in baking stuff. We are veggies though, so no tandoori chicken kind of stuff. What am i supposed to look for when buying the OTG? Am planning to spend around 3 to 3.5k for the same. Any brand suggestions?

Brands: You can't go wrong with most Indian makes.

Only thing you'll need to look out for is the capacity, based on your needs. Extra features, if any.

I have a Sunflame OTG, which has been serving me well for many years now. :)

Thanks for the reply dude. Right now, we are just a family of two. So, what capacity do you think would suit us? And what is a motorized rotisserie? As mentioned, my wife would be using it to bake cakes mainly. Any idea about morphy richards?

Since you're a vegetarian, you don't have much of a use for a motorized rotisserie. It is primarily used for a uniformed grillling of the food and is used in cooking whole pigs, turkeys, chickens & pheasants. Morphy Richards is a very good brand although IMHO service sucks. Just check out Croma showroom in your city. They usually have 4 or 5 brands .

1. Capacity - Under 20L will do. Sales reps in the showroom should be able to guide you.

2. Motorized rotisserie - As explained by neoronin

3. Morphy Richards - It's a good brand. Not too sure about their A.S.S

Thanks again. Will check out in some of the stores this week. Without the motorized rotisserie and at less than 20l capacity, it comes within my budget of around 4k too. :)

I got the bajaj 3300TM 33L one. The dealer (VS) told me that the Morphy richards service is handled by bajaj here. Most of the large capacity ones have the rotisserie and aren't too expensive. Grilling/baking is a breeze in this one. Its pretty large as well, and you can easily bake a big cake, or grill just about whatever you want in it. It cost about 4.4 K from vijay sales (they had a sale going on at the time, apparently the price was 5K+). Do check out bajaj as well, Morphy richards looks great, but performance wise, it shouldn't be any different from the Bajaj.

dude check out prestige otg.I just bought a 28ltr red one for 4.5k including discount.actual mrp is 5400 odd so i got 1k less due to festival discount.prestige gives one year warranty and lifetime free service.also it has all the features you need like mortorised rotiserrie..one suggestion though.check out whether the unit is working or not in the shop itself coz one of my relatives got a doa unit.

hope it helps

Back