Buying Watches - WatchKart or Flipkart?

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello folks :)

I need to know something: Is WatchKart a dependable website to buy watches from or is it safer and better to stick with Flipkart instead? The reason I liked WatchKart is because they have a much more wider collection of watches compared to Flipkart and the prices are also a tad lower versus Flipkart's prices. If someone has bought from WatchKart before kindly share your experience as regards to their service and delivery.

TIA
Regards,
Black_Hawk

Neither, it's better to go to a store when purchasing watches.
I have noticed that these online stores mostly stock the older models and your choices are pretty much limited but if you are going for something below 4k both of em should be fine.

Off-topic : Same goes for yebhi and myntra, i visited a mall the other day and the stocks in Puma and Nike were a bazillion times better than the ones anywhere online.

^^ its best to visit the local store, select the watch and then get it from reputed online sellers like watchkart,flipkart, ecasio dealer, this way i have saved 1k on a 5.5k watch with genuine bill and warranty :D

Black_Hawk
many TE members have purchased watches from watchkart, here are some relevant threads:
http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/my-new-time-128699/
http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/casio-edifice-ef-130d-suggestion-124465/
http://www.techenclave.com/gadgets-consumer-electronics-buying-advice/where-buy-gshock-119732/
http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-feedback/have-you-tried-lenskart-need-118049/

My brother bought a 350 Rs basic Casio watch from flipkart with COD, arrived pretty fast i think. Never bought expensive ones online so don't know.

I bought a watch from watch kart . Returned it and got my refund in 3 weeks flat. Although refund processing time is high but their cc is excellent. It would have gone faster had I opted for a gift voucher.

Many thanks guys for the replies! It's comforting to know both WatchKart and FlipKart are safe to be ordered from and I'll use the CoD option. :)

me and my friend were ordered two casio watches worth of rs12000(both), and received with in 5 days via bluedart .
they have provided 2year warranty card and bill. opt for COD.

70% of the online stores stock old and clearance stocks, i really do have a nice idea from where they pick up their stocks :p.

If will be 1000times better, if you go to your nearest reputed company owned shop, and buy a watch from their. You will get the latest 2012 collections along with no worry about warranty or something like that issue.

But if you live in tier-3 city with less number of showroom, stick to online store :)

Watchkart is safe to buy... I have purchased few items from lenskart (both sites are under same company) and was quick in ship and nice cc...
Could help saving bucks against flipkart.

However, better to choose at local store and then get it from e store at cheaper price. Often some watches looks good in pics at site but not in hand..

Guys how is InfiBeam?

The reason I kind of have second thoughts with ordering products through Flipkart is that they take quite a bit of time to ship stuff these days as opposed to when they used to ship faster a few months back.

Bro. If you're really want to buy a watch online better get it from flikart by keeping in mind about the after-sales service also. By any chance if your watch gone bad after few months, fk will replace it asap. So, Its better to go with tried and tested method as the amount is big enough. :D

Guys how is InfiBeam?

The reason I kind of have second thoughts with ordering products through Flipkart is that they take quite a bit of time to ship stuff these days as opposed to when they used to ship faster a few months back.

I ordered Q&Q Digital watch yesterday from their site and they shipped it today. Pretty awesome fast service I must say. I guess others ecommerce site giving tough competition to flipkart. :rolleyes:

I ordered Q&Q Digital watch yesterday from their site and they shipped it today. Pretty awesome fast service I must say. I guess others ecommerce site giving tough competition to flipkart. :rolleyes:

I think they're the underdogs of Indian online stores. Flipkart enjoys more popularity and has got a bit left behind after much success, their pricing is most of the times way over the competition. But people still buy it because they've got so big, and so fast, only reason they get away with such high prices.

Back