C & Unix Inventor Dennis Ritchie Passed away :(

re: C & Unix Inventor Dennis Ritchie Passed away :(

Hmm.... October 2011 isn't very good, have lost some real gems of this world :(

May his soul rest in peace :(

Thanks Denise Ritchier for giving us C & Unix one more powerful programming language and other the most powerful operation system. RIP.

Goodbye, Dennis Ritchie.. May your soul rest in peace.. You will always be remembered while the errors show on our C\C++ compilers!!! :(

RIP Sir Ritchie.:(

It is sad that, His death was not not as big news for world as that of jobs. His contributions were far outreaching than a mere decent phone.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

^ because he gave us the software while job gave us the hardware.

And Ritchie's contribution will mainly be remembered by those who practically works on computer and not by those who plays music on ipod or uses the iphone.

According to me, he is one of the most underhyped persons in the industry. Everything from Linux, iOS (objective C), other OS, programming languages like C++, Java, C#(Extensively used by Microsoft) were inspired by C.

His two contributions (C and UNIX) are easily two of the most important in the history of computers, and if you are a programmer or a techie, you cannot describe in words how valuable his contribution to the industry, or even mankind has been.

He can be rightly called the father of the software industry. RIP Dennis Ritchie.

^Not to mention all the games being developed today have its roots in C. I am sure programmers will value his life more than anyone else.

RIP Ritchie Sir. :(

Back