Graphic Cards Can GeForce 7900GS use CM Coolviva G1 cooler?

idclev888

the power is yours
Disciple
Hey folks,
I have a Leadtek WinFast GeForce 7900GS graphics card. Will a CoolerMaster CoolViva G1 (link) fan fit it and work?

The card itself is working just fine, but the fan's motor seems to have got spoilt (blew air from blower straight on fan blades to clear dust, fan is now clean but stopped working :p ). So I'll remove the current single-slot cooler, and replace it with this after-market unit. I looked for something economical yet good, and came up with this cooler, will probably buy it from Lynx-India (link) at Rs. 800-odd.

Can that cooler function with my card at all? (a quick google search says people have it working with quite a few similar cards, but will i run into some specific incompatible slot in this card-cooler combo?). If so, will the result be better than the stock cooler (this is not easily answered, i know, but will it keep the card sufficiently cool?). Is there some better priced or quality product for this purpose that I've not noticed yet? Is there an alternative place from where I should buy instead (online/offline are both welcome), or somebody in Bangalore that can get this stuff done for me?

Yes I know this card performs just about close to a GeForce GT120/9500GT card costing 2k and has only 256MB VRAM. But I don't want to sell the card because I purchased it at considerable cost, and it holds sentimental value. Using it without a working cooler is out of the question since it gets extremely hot otherwise, and will shut-off 2 mins after bootup. I shall return to this thread to inform you about what happens along the way, so do post your thoughts and opinions.

thanks for that link! But that cooler costs $30 which might be too much for this old card of mine, plus NewEgg does not ship to India anyways...

Back