Can I trust Shopclues?

sam9953

Adept
Hi guys, I am planning to buy a new Xbox Wired control and I am looking for a price range of below 1800, preferably around 1500 because I bought one from Reliance Digital at the same price around 1 year ago.

My point is, I saw a shopclues product:
http://www.shopclues.com/microsoft-xbox-360-wired-controller-remote-joystick-2.html

This even has cash on delivery but I am very skeptical, because as the controller is cheap, there is a great chance it might not be the original one. Can you please tell me should I trust Shopclues and specifically this product?

"1 month Seller warranty"
Yeah, thats a fake one. Avoid
Um. If I am not wrong, Seller warranty is given by the person who is selling right, not the company, because Microsoft offers a 3 month warranty and the seller who is selling on Shopclues is giving me a one month warranty from his side. Isn't that right?

Well we dont have Costa, so yeah the attack may be a bit off (rumours suggest we'l start Drogba), but yeah, were pretty good as a defence, as illustrated in the Liverpool game.

Shopclues is alright, I have bought many big items from them. What the problem comes to is the seller. AFAIK Shopclues is a market place where other sellers sell. The price of that xbox kinda makes like it is a copy product. And with the warranty, it''s definitely fake.

Shopclues is alright, I have bought many big items from them. What the problem comes to is the seller. AFAIK Shopclues is a market place where other sellers sell. The price of that xbox kinda makes like it is a copy product. And with the warranty, it''s definitely fake.
Thank you. BTW I did contact the seller through Shopclues and he claims that the product is original.

The internet is littered with fake X360 controllers. Even Flipkart sells fake ones. I'll strongly recommend that you get one from a reputed seller at eBay. It will cost 2k+. Anything cheaper is probably fake.

Coming to Shopclues, its a marketplace like eBay sans buyer protection.

The internet is littered with fake X360 controllers. Even Flipkart sells fake ones. I'll strongly recommend that you get one from a reputed seller at eBay. It will cost 2k+. Anything cheaper is probably fake.

Coming to Shopclues, its a marketplace like eBay sans buyer protection.
What are your suggestions about snapdeal (costing around 2050 INR) , do you think that might be genuine, I don't trust ebay at all.

ebay can still be trusted with one eye closed (i buy stuff regularly from there), but with the kind of feedback SD has been garnering of late, it would be better to first explore options with other marketplaces, and come to SD and its likes as a last resort.

though in the end, on such portals, what matter more are the buyer's level of alertness, and an eye to spot a fake from a genuine seller/product. SD's customer-care service has deteriorated a lot (as per feedback), and hence this site should be placed at one of the bottom rungs of one's list of e-marketplaces to shop online at, for if anything turns awry (which has a significant chance of occurrence), then you can count on SD's CC to drive out boredom from a few ho-hum days of your life!

Last edited:
In desidime people call shopclues as Fakeclues. So unless you are buying soap or washing powder or something, I suggest you stay away from Fakeclues, I mean shopclues.

i have bought only a few low-value items from SC w/o any problems, long back when it was still kind of new, but i bless SC for providing me with the best item i have purchased from there till date - bookmyshow vouchers! :D

What are your suggestions about snapdeal (costing around 2050 INR) , do you think that might be genuine, I don't trust ebay at all.
My experience with eBay has always been good. Snapdeal sent me a fake XBOX controller for 2k. Got it returned.Got one from eBay. The seller at eBay was authorized dealer of MS products, and assured me that the item was genuine. And it was.
https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/snapdeal-feedback-thread.149690/page-5#post-1932198

Back