Canon 1000D/Rebel XS prices in mumbai

Blade_Runner

Skilled
I have been planning to get a dslr for quite some time now. Have finally narrowed down to the Canon 1000D. Checked with jjmehta and they are quoting 31k with bill and a years warranty. Any idea if the 1000D is available at a lower price than jjmehtas anywhere else in mumbai ?

If you want it with Bill and warranty then the prices will be more or less even. If you want to buy it in grey, you should get it for about 27k with the 18-55 IS lens. Make sure you get the IS lens and NOT the non IS lens.

I would suggest you check out Fort. Lots of shops to check. Also make sure you visit Croma and try out the camera. I did and I hate the grip. If the grip is fine with you then you can go ahead else choose a Nikon D40.

I would have suggested Sony but they have increased the price to 27000 and the kit lens is simply horrible.

Just one word of advice, get a D60 instead or directly Canon XSi, canon has cut a lot of corner to bring down this DSLRs price.

I got the chance to try the XS a week ago, and it had the most pathetic grip, like I was holding the camera with just 2 fingers, thus you will have to hold the camera very tight causing your fingers to pain, thus its not a ergonomically grip, the grip is just too small.

The place in fort is called Central Camera Lane. Loads of camera shops there. Had gone to get a Panasonic Lumix LZ8 for myself. VIBGYOR is a nice shop to look at, the guy there seemed very authentic. Though, I didn't find much of a price difference from JJ Mehta. but you will definitely have more shops to explore it.

You can see the "Central Camera" shop as you move from CST to Flora Fountain on your left. The other shops are in the lane that runs by its side.

Hope it helps

Cheers !

~M

Thanks for the inputs guys, the XS is available for 26k in grey but the problem is it's not in stock with dealers i inquired with. Also I just checked out Chroma and they have the a200 for 23.5k all inclusive with 3 years warranty which seems to be sound bet as well. I was keen on the Canon due to live view and low noise at higher iso settings but problem is i need the cam asap so i might as well get the a200 from Croma.

go with olympus :-D i need company :p

but seriously,the olympus e520 or e420 is an awesome camera...check out reviews and my flickr page for samples

i purchased it for 26k grey in november..

if possible skip it and go for 450d or even better 40d(2nd hand)

i see a lot of good deals on bangalorephotographyclub.com

but would suggest u stick with canon..

Back