Canon digicam "low" prices !!!!!!!!!

Last week my friend needed a cheap camera for his son in boarding school. I recommended him the A460 from Sifymall. He placed his order on Friday March 23. They claimed 5-7 working days delivery. On monday March 26 he had it in hand with everything that comes bundled with the camera (manual, CD, cables, battery). There was a warranty card stating 1 year from March 23 by a canon dealer from Chennai.

Everything seems completely above board.

I don't know how Sifymall is able to give those prices that I can't get anywhere else online but they do.

Emil said:
Last week my friend needed a cheap camera for his son in boarding school. I recommended him the A460 from Sifymall. He placed his order on Friday March 23. They claimed 5-7 working days delivery. On monday March 26 he had it in hand with everything that comes bundled with the camera (manual, CD, cables, battery). There was a warranty card stating 1 year from March 23 by a canon dealer from Chennai.
I don't know how Sifymall is able to give those prices that I can't get anywhere else online but they do.

Hey, can you clarify if its Canon India Warranty card or if its just a bill kinda thingy statiting 1yr. warranty ??

Also, if possible, Please mention the name and phone no. of the dealer, maybe some chennai member can directly talk with him to find out if he's dealing in grey peices or orignal..

Thanx,

Emil said:

Great piece of info! As Varkey requested, can u post a pic of bill and warranty card. Is it canon india warranty card?

:) Actually the prices are ultra low:bleh: :bleh:

I have a sneaking suspicion..In case everything is well then the best price in India.

E.g :Canon Digital IXUS 900 TI - 10.0MP & 3X Optical Zoom

Price stated in canon india site is 27k(street price)

Sify is giving it for 18645 :p

this is what the customer care guy sent me when i asked about warranty

With regard to your mail, Please be informed that, the warranty is a dealer warranty

i have asked for more information about it and whether its provided by Canon etc. will post here when i get a reply.

now they are saying this

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to Sify Customercare.

This is with reference to your mail, we wish to inform you that yes you can service the product anywhere in side india with the authorized Canon center as per the warranty period.

Thank you for shopping with Sify!

Warm Regards,

Praveen CB

Customercare Executive

Sify Ltd

ISO 9001:2000 Certified

Have a nice day!

anyway if sify can give replacement warranty for a year then i wouldnt mind buying from them considering the low prices...

If its dealer warranty it won't be replacement warranty for sure. No dealer would bear those charges himself. Just shoot them a detailed mail and see what they say.

hi varkey they are misleading people through their emails, when i spoke to the call center guy initially he told me its company warranty so i asked him how canon india is giving 2yrs warranty and sify 1yr ,then had to hold the line for 5mins and then he told me the warranty is by sify not by canon india

hmmmm ...... i was thinking about taking the cam from long time ..... and these prices look too yummy wat so u guys say is it worth taking the risk :-/ ..... i am plannning for S3 IS

keep it in mind that any major repairs will set you back by 5-7k atleast and it isnt too hard damaging a cam (heck, my sis dropped her coolpix S7 from the 3rd floor window last week!)

so atleast i wouldnt be getting anything without fullterm warranty even if price goes up considerably

Back