Video CCTV security installation and guidelines

I have been given the task by my uncle to set up CCTV cameras for his shop. He needs to install CCTV cameras in the whole shop for security purposes. I have no knowledge whatsoever in this field and need your help. Cost is not an issue but quality and support is a must.

Some of the features needed are:

- HD cameras with voice support

- iPhone, iPad, Blackberry support

- Night clarity

- Lag free viewing

- Technical support when needed

- Other basic features such as recording, full screen viewing with zoom capability etc.

- Any other things I might have missed out?

I do not plan to do this on my own so any pointers to companies which are good at this job are welcome.

Any other tips/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Our company provides security solutions as well. PM me your contact details, and i will forward them to the concerned department. They will contact you and then u can proceed further.

@dharmilstar

Did you find anything suitable for your requirments? I am looking for something similar too.

@dharmilstar,

I am not sure of the support that you may need. I installed my CCTV setup about 2 years back and it has been that way since. I can give you a cost break up:

CCTV DVR: 5k/- Approx. (Supports 4 cams)

HD Cams: 5k-10k/ Per Cam. So a DVR supports 4 cams. So that way 20k-50k.

HD for recording: Your call.

Ethernet cable for wiring: 10/1m: So depends upon your wiring needs. Coaxial cables are expensive and bulky, steery away from them. Get them laid out first by any electrician, where you would like to put up the cam.

CCTV balluns:http://www.dealextreme.com/p/video-...deo-over-utp-cable-adapters-2-piece-set-15749 (As many according to the cams that you need, one is used by the cam end and other by the dvr end)

Power or Ethernet Connectors: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/5-5-x-2-1mm-cctv-dc-power-male-jack-connectors-10-pack-44708 (As many according to the cams that you need).

12V, 5A power supply for 4 cams. x as many as you need as per cam. (200/-)

If you are willing to do above then I can show you how to connect via a video.

try to search on about reliable electrician and knows how to install CCTV cameras.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

That's what i did, I search through yellow pages or in the internet and i find a reliable electrician in Melbourne. ;)

Back