Chinese and French learning software

Search in google for Pimsleur or Rosetta Stone. They are the best :)

Edit: If your city has Alliance Francaise, then better join there to study french.

It depends on the level you want. I think most software/self-study programs will only teach you the basics. Try "Pimsleur". It'll only teach you how to speak the language though, and just the barest of basics.

^^ Alliance Francis is too slow. Rather join a university program. I don't know about where you live, but both the Bombay and Pune universities have language courses. Supplement your course with watching contemporary French/Chinese movies to get a grip on the accent and speech idiosyncrasies.

I had joined French University programme way back when i were in college.Besides Some certificate you will also land up with good french.But you will miss the vital Audio lessons.Why ????

Untill....untill untill i thought so i landed my self in Paris and then by GOD. No use of the certificate.I just couldnt get them.I had hard time..because whatever i spoke they picked with difficulty up but the answer from them always felt like blah blah blah..

So took some Audio lessons from Pimsleur and my Next tour was fruitful.

So the best thing is mix both and watch French channels for only language reasons.

Thank you all for your suggestion...I would love to join some class program to learn these languages, but but my office schedule does not allow me this.

So, I am looking for good software or site where I can learn these languages.

If anyone has any idea from where I can download such software please let me know through this topic or PM.

I can recommend Rosetta Stone, I have used it for Japanese. But, classroom interaction is the best for learning languages.

Why don't you look in your local classifieds? you should be able to find some one who takes Chinese/French classes, you can talk to them and setup something on the weekends. That would be a more effective option than learning by yourself. In addition, you can use Rosetta Stone to supplement your classroom learning.

try uztranslations.net and you will find best of the world for almost all languages.they have everything from audio,video,ebooks and pc softwares.your search ends at uz no need to go anywhere.if you want more contact me.

Just to add to the above suggestion, dont forget youtube especially for french... there are some wonderful videos on there.. I just recently got back to learning French again and the review was great.

@ jeet2s : uztranslations.net seem to be some Russian site and not language learning site.

@ romavina : Can yo please let me know how to search for that on youtube?

yes mohit uz is a russian site but there is an option to change language at upper right corner in itself.uz has a very good collection of audio books,ebooks and pc softwares for all languages.register at uz they also have a good forum for learners and try bbc.com also.

Back