CPU/Mobo Config for a shoe string budget PC !

crankx

Disciple
Could you suggest some configuration, for a shoe string budget pc for my cousin.

Budget: Rs. 12,500/-

Applications: Web, Learning java, Audio training. Basically for an entry level computer student.
Memory and storage can be less initally which can grow with him if the need arise.

Open to AMD as well as Intel configs.

Prices ex chennai please.

you could go for an AMD sempron based solution . does the 12k include the monitor as well ?

i m out of touch but heres something i put together.. wasnt able to include monitor though :( maybe someone else can come up with a better idea..

i think bottle has suggested best configuration for that price ..... altho u can save some money on by leaving the sony FDD and by getting 40GB harddisk ....

Thanks bottle for your input!
Still open for ideas..

bottle said:
i m out of touch but heres something i put together.. wasnt able to include monitor though :( maybe someone else can come up with a better idea..

bottle said:
crankx, why dont you check out the hcl internet pc for 9990 all inclusive ?

hold it mate!! where did u read the all inclusive part :D. .AFAIK, total end user price is around 11.4k.. which includes taxes installation charges et al.. n that 1gig CPU is mostly a VIA.. HCL ecen came out with a AMD 1600+ cpu with rest of the config same as Ezeebee Pride (that link).. and there was a limited period offer where it was selling for 11k all inclusive.. otherwise its price is around 13k.. the AMD pc shud be better than VIA

Another choice wud be Aapna PC from Xenitis. They have a Cel 1gig model.. end user price is usually around 11k..

Edit:

bottle, this is from the link u posted.. CLicking on the "click Here" link at the bottom leads to this:

1. PRICE:

The prices are inclusive of Central Excise Duty on the assessable value for manufactured items at prevailing rates. Prices would remain fixed for firm orders with full payment. However any change in statutory levies or introduction of fresh levies at the time of delivery would be additionally charged. Delivery charges outside HCL INFOSYSTEMS LTD. Select locations would be at actual.

for the uninformed, Excise Duty is anyway zero for one n all :D

sorry sorry :p bad wording. i meant including the monitor and stuff not price wise
but the amd x86 1600+ is also listed there for 9990 + 1.7k

Hey check this config out, chandni market kolkata, chennai will probably be the same in the equivalent area.
Amd sempron 64 2500 - Rs.2496
Msi K8MM Motherboard- Rs.2496
Ram 128 mb-Rs.600
Frotech Cabinet with smps- Rs.800
40 gb seagate hdd- Rs.2100
LG cd rom drive -Rs.700
Keyboard/Optical Mouse- Rs. 320
Speakers 320 Watts- RS. 170.
Comes to a total of 9682.
Now u still have arnd 2500 bucks left. Put in a lil more money and get yourself a 15" monitor or get a 17" refurbished one for 2100. You really dont need a floppy drive. This more like complete pc i guess. And since youre getting 128 mb ram just run windows 98 or something. 256 mb ram is for Rs.950(generic ofcourse).

If the budget is absolutely unexpandable, u might concider a second hand PC,
i'm sure u'll save enough from the budget if u opt for one.

Back