Laptops Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz worth Rs.5000 more?

anjath

Disciple
Jul 17, 2008
hi i was looking at CS-24 GH/Q and CS-35 GN/B.

the difference is only the processor. both the models don't have graphics card.

one has T6400 2Ghz and the other has P8700 2.53Ghz
difference of 0.53Ghz, system bus speed goes up to 1066Mhz from 800Mhz and 1MB cache more (2MB to 3MB).

what do u say? is it worth 5000 rupees? or is 2.0Ghz enough? also the onboard is Intel 4500MHD. Is it good enough for light gaming?

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Nov 4, 2007
Kottayam kerala
If you are performing cpu intense apps, then defenitely there will be improvement. Though the GPu supports light gaming, there would be no improvement in games, or normal use with the processor upgrade.

music, movies, normal windows stuffs everythin wud be almost same with both the proccys.

anjath

Disciple
Jul 17, 2008
thank you guys... i heard some place that if its T then there is more heating and P is less heating. let me know if its true...

Punker

Skilled
Apr 29, 2008
Bhopal (M.P.)
Well 3 days ago i buyed CS27 for 58k n i knew CS35 has launched but still i went for CS27 bcz of GPU,Ram n hdd...... CS24 is good for light usage n CS35 is purely meant for Business stuff..... if you want to see movies n stuff then go for CS24 cuz you'll not see much difference in both but if u'll do intensive work on lappy then go for CS27(if avail.) or CS35.....

hotshot05

Skilled
Sep 11, 2008
Kolkata
hotshot05.page.tl
anjath said:
thank you guys... i heard some place that if its T then there is more heating and P is less heating. let me know if its true...

The P8700 has a TDP of 25Watt while that of the T6400 is 35Watt. This is at maximum load.

So the P series processor consumes less energy and consequently you get better battery life.

You can check out the full list of processors and their TDP here: Notebookcheck: Mobile Processors - Benchmarklist

The Prince said:
p is just perfprmance oriented
and since p oos perfprmace this will heat more than t one's

Totally wrong information. If you dont know anything about some subject please dont comment on it.

techie_007

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
www.techiesdomain.com
The Prince said:

False again :no: P has nothing to do with performance. Besides slight cache and FSB differences, the P series have a TDP of 25W while the T ones have a TDP of 35W.

In real world scenarios for normal laptop use apps, it doesnt make much of a difference either way.

halo_3

Disciple
Apr 1, 2009
The Prince said:

lol.. n00b of the day award goes to you.. if p is performance then what is T? Teekha masala?

to anjath,

there will be very little real world diff between the two procs.. if you want to spend a little more, spend it on a better gpu.. proc is fine for most purposes. you will only notice difference in cpu benchmarks etc.. even games will mostly run at same fps since the 4500mhd is the main bottleneck.

You might get few more mins. of battery life with the "P" since it has lower TDP resulting in less power usage.. but that is dependent on daily usage.. not worth 5k if you will be mainly using the laptop on AC power everyday.

anjath

Disciple
Jul 17, 2008
halo_3 said:
lol.. n00b of the day award goes to you.. if p is performance then what is T? Teekha masala?

to anjath,
there will be very little real world diff between the two procs.. if you want to spend a little more, spend it on a better gpu.. proc is fine for most purposes. you will only notice difference in cpu benchmarks etc.. even games will mostly run at same fps since the 4500mhd is the main bottleneck.
You might get few more mins. of battery life with the "P" since it has lower TDP resulting in less power usage.. but that is dependent on daily usage.. not worth 5k if you will be mainly using the laptop on AC power everyday.

thanks bro.. now that was useful!

The Prince

Disciple
Jun 16, 2009
i meant to say that there not much diff in the 2 series as far as battery backup is concerned

p=performance is not my thinking but thats wat notebook sellers mostly tell people around to say its a powerful performance oriented notebook

thats not my n00bish thinking!! :p