Creating Second user account for Gaming

tech_dude

Recruit
Hi guys,

My system has 1.5 gb ram, since I am on the net for most of the time, I have softwares like avast, zone alarm and adaware. The problem is these softwares eat up a lot of RAM and this inturn affects my games. And also Zone Alarm conflicts with Deamon Tools.

So I decided to set up a second user account, just for gaming. I don't intend connect to the net while I am on this account, so is it possible to install the security softwares just for one account. I am asking this because when I created the second account all the security softwares loaded automatically and that kinda destroyed the purpose of creating that a/c.

Any help would be welcome :hap2:

Some softwares allow you to install for a single user. Some don't. If you go to the advanced options of the install, u can choose whether you want to install for the current user.

But still, it won't matter if you just don't install a couple of softwares. Max you will get is like 1-2 increase in fps which is not even noticeable.

So, if u want to get a boost, increase your RAM rather than worrying about installing a couple of softwares. :)

Though that's just my opinion :)

Second user account is not of much help really. What I had finally settled on is a minimal, stripped down installation of Win XP in dual boot with the current OS. As you know, XP is more compatible with games at least as of now, and also tends to run faster without all the additional SW like AV, antispam, messenger, firewall, etc.
The downside of course is the need to restart the system every time you feel like playing. :)

hp-india said:
Second user account is not of much help really. What I had finally settled on is a minimal, stripped down installation of Win XP in dual boot with the current OS. As you know, XP is more compatible with games at least as of now, and also tends to run faster without all the additional SW like AV, antispam, messenger, firewall, etc.
The downside of course is the need to restart the system every time you feel like playing. :)

Thats a good idea, I don't know how to do this but I will give it a try. :)

clown_abhi said:
But still, it won't matter if you just don't install a couple of softwares. Max you will get is like 1-2 increase in fps which is not even noticeable.
So, if u want to get a boost, increase your RAM rather than worrying about installing a couple of softwares. :)

Though that's just my opinion :)

It's not just the performance increase, but Zone alarm conflicts with Deamon tools, every time I need deamon tools I have to shut down Zone Alarm and another software called force field.

i remeber amd having a software which was used to kill servies that are needed when gaming, i cant seem to get a link but it basically kills a list of services that you want at the click of a button when you want to game i will try and dig it up.

Zone Alarm is very annoying with anything you do.

Try Comodo Firewall.

AV, firewalls, etc don't affect your FPS in anyway.

I'm on 2gb ram and I keep 3 messengers and Firefox open while gaming and hardly see any difference in FPS.

try game booster. There is a 2nd option make a new partition of 2gigs, then install xp there with all the required drivers no av. use this os onlu for game. don`t do anything else

Some software allow u to install them only for a single user account. But again I think it won't matter as you will get an increase of just 1-2 fps which is not even noticeable.

You can try Game Booster. It increases fps to some extent tbh..

Why not you install XP in a separate partition and use it excursively for Games Only? This is the best option.. :)

Back