Daemon Tools on windows 7

it seems Deamon tool is not made for windows 7 ...
It keeps asking for restart and doesnt get installed on the system.
So i need any other windows 7 64-bit compatible tool through which i can mount .mdf and .mds image files.
I tried with Virtual drive clone and Power ISO .. but they both arent working.
So help.

Re: Deamon Tool on windows 7

I am using daemon tools lite on windows 7 64 bit ultimate and it works perfectly. It clearly says( under v4.35.5 release note) that it has full windows 7 support: Products :: DAEMON-Tools.cc

And if you are about to be curious to ask if I changed the compatibility mode, no I didn't. I simply installed and started to use it.

dude get the latest version. It runs just fine. Been running it on Beta and Original copy now, no probs! Even friends with Win7 use daemon with issues.

abhisinalkar said:
it seems Deamon tool is not made for windows 7 ...
It keeps asking for restart and doesnt get installed on the system.
So i need any other windows 7 64-bit compatible tool through which i can mount .mdf and .mds image files.
I tried with Virtual drive clone and Power ISO .. but they both arent working.
So help.

That's strange, Daemon Tools Lite latest version works perfect for me on Win7 Ultimate x64

i am also using demon tools in Win 7 x86, try installing in administrator mode. means right click on the setup>click on "Run as administrator".

This should solve your problem

Is the problem resolved?

daemon tools definitely wrks for both 32 and 64 bit versions of windows 7.

I am using it for 32 bit in win 7

Try out GIZMO .. its very good for mounting images... fast and doesnt give BSOD s like Daemon use to give earlier.. and uses less resources (RAM)

@abhisinalka
do you know that there are two versions of deamon. x86 and x64. As you are on x64 system, are you sure that you have installed the x64 version of deamon.

Back