Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

jojothedragon said:
It would be the sciencemorph's head for me. You know, the one who is wearing the the scientist coat and all its organs start moving after you kill them? If you fail the button tapping sequence when the head attacks you, its rips off Issac's head and replaces it with itself. Pretty gross.
Which level does this guy come in at..?

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009

Which level does this guy come in at..?

They appear very rarely. You should encounter one during the crypt level and during later chapters.

EDIT: Thought you guys might wanna know this, The Dead Space Aftermath movie can give you some insights on Stross. And how stross and Issac ended up in the space station near Saturn.

May 28, 2009

Any of you guys have save file with unlocked suits?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Found the save file, apparently DLCs that were released on Console were already there for PC. This tiny little save file unlocked elite weapons, suits.

deadspace22011021520484.jpg

deadspace22011021520461.jpg

deadspace22011021520474.jpg

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

^^ that's where the fun and the little bit scare that the game gives ends..

that's y i never use cheats or walkthroughs... pretty much spoils the entire fun

May 28, 2009

Its not like I am playing it for the first time. I completed the game long ago.

I have been though what the game has to offer.. completed it in survivor mode. What i do next is only to goof around. Let it be the BOOM BOOM gun that you can see or the crazy weapons, etc.

And I didn't used any cheats, i just used that savefile which had those credits, power nodes. :D

pinarina

Disciple
May 29, 2009

Gannu said:
^To make do with jumping and crouching adds to the essence of survival horror? Somehow I find that very hard to digest.

Go play Amnesia and the Penumbra series to know what REAL survival horror genre is. :)
Can you please define it?

Gannu said:
PS: Don't forget to wear diapers while you are at it.
hmm talking of your experience, mate?

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi

@Ethan:

In Zero-G you can just activate (release from the ground) by hitting ALT. And then just your normal L-R-U-D controls do the job+manipulate the thrusters. Yups the slow-mo is awesome, you can even pick up some goodies.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay

asingh said:
@Ethan:
In Zero-G you can just activate (release from the ground) by hitting ALT. And then just your normal L-R-U-D controls do the job+manipulate the thrusters. Yups the slow-mo is awesome, you can even pick up some goodies.
It is indeed. I would just float around endlessly sometimes. It felt like I was on the moon and wanted to just enjoy the whole Zero-G mode. I would grab all the boxes by using kinesis. :)

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

jumping is not there in the game, infact, JUMPING is not there in many games that are made with consoles in mind, have you guys noticed this?

Shows a limitation of engine or hardware shit or something?

jojothedragon

Skilled
Jan 20, 2009

jumping was never be there in a Survival Horror. You don't need it, thats why. Not that there is a hardware limitation imo.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi

Ethan_Hunt said:
It is indeed. I would just float around endlessly sometimes. It felt like I was on the moon and wanted to just enjoy the whole Zero-G mode. I would grab all the boxes by using kinesis. :)

Yes this is really enjoyable. Honestly started a save point again just to be in space.
comp@ddict said:
jumping is not there in the game, infact, JUMPING is not there in many games that are made with consoles in mind, have you guys noticed this?

Do not know anything about consoles, but am sure all the FPS's for consoles have jumpers.

@Gannu:

Yes watched Aftermath. Good movie for sure. Bridged the gap.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay

Jumping isn't really required in all games. Dead Space has a limited area to explore and takes place in a closed environment. The option to sprint is a good idea. Jump? Not so much. What would Isaac really accomplish with jumping in this game? Jump on a table and scream like a wuss? Think about it.

May 28, 2009

comp@ddict said:

LOL.Inability to jump, is one of the features of survival horror and is common among almost all the survival horror games. Its not limitation of engine/hardware :p

HellSlyne

Adept
Apr 29, 2008
Bangalore

I dunno whether this is put up already....

[youtube]fmBSFLrDFwE[/youtube]
I gotta play this one now...after I finish New Vegas

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006

^^ damn that's too many spoilers; I stopped watching midway. I thought it was the generic deaths but these are plot related.

Playing dead space 2 now. I really like this series but I don't think its scary; the necromorphs are probably way more scared of the Issac juggernaut.

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me

Ethan_Hunt said:
Jumping isn't really required in all games. Dead Space has a limited area to explore and takes place in a closed environment. The option to sprint is a good idea. Jump? Not so much. What would Isaac really accomplish with jumping in this game? Jump on a table and scream like a wuss? Think about it.
think, jump/hop to the top of the table and shoot necromorphs who are coming to you from all directions...

would give the L4D feel