Dell U2311H Ultrasharp (e-ips,23",Full HD )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good deal, but 3 things that I didn't like :-

1) 8ms response time (gray to gray)

2) No option to wall mount

3) No HDMI port

yes ......i will be mostly in the range of 13-13.5 .. In US it is sold for $300 with dell coupons you can get this for $239-$250 .

mayanksahni said:
Its a good deal, but 3 things that I didn't like :-
1) 8ms response time (gray to gray)
2) No option to wall mount
3) No HDMI port

1. Would you even notice that in the real world applications that you intend to use?

2. It does come with one. 100 x 100 sq. mm. Check the Dell link here. The last one, mentioned under the features section.

3. They have a display port instead. You can get the required converter and get the job done.

Desecrator said:
1. Would you even notice that in the real world applications that you intend to use?

But it will have some effect in gaming. 8ms gray to gray is quite high. Even 8ms white-black-white is still acceptable buy gray to gray is high IMO.

2. It does come with one. 100 x 100 sq. mm. Check the Dell link here. The last one, mentioned under the features section.

Oops, my bad.

3. They have a display port instead. You can get the required converter and get the job done.

HDMI doesn't only refers to port, by that I mean to say that since HDMI offers better quality of video over dvi, so it would be a bonus if it comes with hdmi. Also many tfts in this range comes with hdmi port.

But still 12-13k for an ips panel is --> :crazeyes:

mayanksahni said:
HDMI doesn't only refers to port, by that I mean to say that since HDMI offers better quality of video over dvi, so it would be a bonus if it comes with hdmi. Also many tfts in this range comes with hdmi port.

Bull!

DVI/HDMI/Display port - all carry digital signals. There will be no change in the PQ if you were to view the signals on a single TV that supports all the types of display.

Just curious, but have you heard of ATI's eyefinity and how it is implemented?

Desecrator said:
Bull!

DVI/HDMI/Display port - all carry digital signals. There will be no change in the PQ if you were to view the signals on a single TV that supports all the types of display.

Just curious, but have you heard of ATI's eyefinity and how it is implemented?

leave it bro.. most probably he thinks display port is DVI :ashamed:

_

mayanksahni said:

Err, HDMI offers better quality of video over DVI????

I hope you realise this fact that HDMI is just DVI + audio before continuing this HDMI > DVI debate.

^Guys, there isn't a surety from Dell that you *will* get it for 12k. That would be too good to be true. So keep your fingers crossed ATM. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back