Dettol No-Touch Hand Wash 1 Gadget + Refill MRP Rs 450/-

I am not saying that the deal is not good. In fact, the deal is really good considering that the price is much lower than the MRP.

But, do I really need Tech in my soap? What next? Digital A$$ wipes??
<

I am not saying that the deal is not good. In fact, the deal is really good considering that the price is much lower than the MRP.

But, do I really need Tech in my soap? What next? Digital A$$ wipes??
<

I don't want to open this link in office
<

Please summarize the thing for me
<

Official Brand Store of Dettol

Introducing the New, No-Touch experience for healthy hands.With every surface you touch, you pick up illness causing germs. Whether outside your house, or even indoors.

The new Dettol No-Touch Handwash System uses advanced no-touch technology to give a healthy handwash experience. It gives 10 times better protection against germs, proving to be the ultimate solution for healthy hands.

Available in Original Flavour & Cucumber splash variants.

Product Description:
No Touch Hand wash System

No Touch Handwash System consists of the Gadget and the Refill. The refill is put in the gadget.

Its a Unique and Innovative Product break-through in Hand Hygiene.

The gadget automatically senses your hands and dispenses the right amount of liquid handwash.

It is Convenient to Use and Gives you a Great Hand-Wash Experience.

Available in 2 fragrances: Original and Hydrating Cucumber Splash.

Formulated with the TRUSTED GOODNESS of Dettol to protect your family from germs.

The Dettol No Touch Hand wash Refill contains ingredients that help moisturize your hands- and provides protection against germs.

Understanding the System

1. The No Touch Handwash System consists of a Battery Operated Gadget with Refill.
2. LED Light blinks when System is turned on and when batteries are about to run out.

3. The Sensor detects The Hand Movement (in front of Sensor) and Dispenses the Soap.

4. Vacuum Dispensation ensures no Drip after dispensing and 98% use of Refill.

Getting Started: Just a few easy steps
Open Battery door and remove red tab to activate battery. Press battery door firmly in place.

Remove tamper evident sticker on the bottom of the handwash refill pack

Insert the Dettol Handwash Refill into the dispenser until you hear a click in place.

lace the dispenser on the counter where you will use it.

Switch on using ON/OFF switch on the back of the dispenser.

How to use?

Place hands underneath the nozzle.

You may need to wave your hands under the nozzle a few times before the first dispense.

The dispenser will dispense the right amount of soap on your hands.

There u have it

Am already using it and have to say, its quite convinient not to mention hygenic. And it looks and feels quite up-market as well. But the soap usage will be high as it dispenses almost double the amount of soap I would normally use.

I don't do this because i'm a cheapskate (well, maybe a little), but i find regular handwashes to be too thick. They then take a fair bit of work to lather into foam. What i do is pre-dilute my handwash (maybe 25-50% depending on brand) and pour it into the dispenser. It dispenses very quickly and also lathers up very fast. Now if this high-tech dispenser uses a standard kind of openable refill, you can just dilute it a bit and save on refill costs. Btw, i use certain lifebouy brands, can't stand the original dettol smell.

But seriously, 450 bucks for getting soap onto your hands? not to mention changing batteries etc.

I think I will get it as the current placement of my soap dispenser is on a weak stand

The dispenser will dispense the right amount of soap on your hands.

This Right Amount is a bit dubious.

I really think the reg dispensers do waste a bit of the liquid soap, and with this one you cannot control the amount released.

Ofc only thing one can do is to dilute the liquid soap with water, but getting the right mix and keep doing everytime is gonna be tedious.

Hygenic .. yes.. but not ground breaking as current system is fine if u use it properly.

Lol, you seen how much toothpaste they use in the adverts?
<

As i said earlier i dilute my handwash even with my old-fashioned dispenser because according to a friend, i have an 'efficiency OCD' !
<
So you press on the dispenser button, and the thick, gooey soap takes an eternity to fall into your palm. And you have to confirm if it's actually in your hand before you move to the faucet or sometimes you'll move early and the drop will actually fall on to the sink. Then you have to work up a lather, which is another 'time-consuming' affair. With my pre-dilute[sup]TM[/sup] method, it's in your palm in a flash, and lathering up nicely in another. Hmm, maybe i should tie-up with telebrands. Also, it doesn't matter how much you dilute, it can be a little or a little more, you'll still get about the same amount of lather. Proves how ad/mark people try and rip you off to the max! I usually empty my refill packs into a bottle, add some water, shake it up and store it in the cupboard. Pour into the dispenser periodically. Quick and easy.

About the hygiene factor, just wash the damn dispenser every week or so, with the dispensed soap!

^^ I hope you do realize that the refill for that non-essential tech soap gadget costs Rs. 99/- or something like that! That is a whopping ~ 185% more than what the normal handwash refill costs!
<

Is it?
<

What will happen if I use the normal refill?

Is it?
<

What will happen if I use the normal refill?

Since you 'volunteered' to test this product for us, we'll wait for you to let us know if the refill bottle itself can be refilled!

This thread is an interesting study in consumer psychology. The manufacturer marketed the already overpriced product with a Rs. 300 off tag. One of the oldest tricks in the book. A pre-markup. But the best part is the additional 100 bucks off via the snapdeal coupon made this simply irresistible to some. Of course, 320 bucks isn't that much. My weekly pizza budget...
<

Edit: Aah, welcome Mr. Krishnan, I see we have 2 official testers now!
<

Back