Driver Updating Software - Driver Reviver - Only $5

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Bumped into their website while looking for a software to take care (automatically update) of drivers on my notebook.

Figured this was a good deal, given that similar products are priced upwards of $25... :p

Here's the purchase page for reference:

Driver Reviver | Secure Checkout and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Would be a good idea to try their free scan first, to see if it finds anything... ;)

It worked fine on my notebook, so let me know how you guys like it.

Cheers,

T.T.M

Well, whatever rocks your boat, I guess. I had got a copy of DriverMagician full version which can supposedly do the updation for free courtesy some site free for a day some thing....

Updating drivers is like a 5 minute job

Some are comfortable doing that, some aren't.

The idea really is to allow someone (an average user) to automatically scan for and update all drivers in a few easy clicks. :)

I'm sure it will come in handy to a good no. of people.

I had got a copy of DriverMagician full version which can supposedly do the updation for free courtesy some site free for a day some thing

Interesting. They charge $29.95 for a license otherwise. :p

thetoxicmind said:
Interesting. They charge $29.95 for a license otherwise. :p

Yeah. It was a one day giveaway. At 30USD, there are still suckers who dont know that you just need to manually update each driver from Windows Update.

you just need to manually update each driver from Windows Update.

I guess it's more of a convenience (esp. for those who need it) to have some program do it all for you. Not everyone can be bothered to head to the device manager, check each device and update them one by one.

Actually, you guys are both wrong. You DON'T need to do ANYTHING manually. The 5 minutes I mentioned was to let Windows update download and install the files it needs. There really is NO need for a such a software on modern PCs/Laptops with Windows 7.

stalker said:
Actually, you guys are both wrong. You DON'T need to do ANYTHING manually. The 5 minutes I mentioned was to let Windows update download and install the files it needs. There really is NO need for a such a software on modern PCs/Laptops with Windows 7.

Yeah. That also works.

would any of the methods discussed so far work without ethernet / modem drivers?

pwned by local storage !! :eek:hyeah: :bleh:

stalker said:

While I agree that the process is automated, the frequency (slower) and no. of driver updates (only key device drivers) delivered through Windows Updates differs significantly. You are welcome to verify this on any PC of your choice.

would any of the methods discussed so far work without ethernet / modem drivers?

We are talking about driver "updates" and not missing drivers. So when you are looking to update drivers, it is assumed that you have them (original drivers) installed. :)

pwned by local storage !!

Where do you source it from in the first place? :p

thetoxicmind said:
While I agree that the process is automated, the frequency (slower) and no. of driver updates (only key device drivers) delivered through Windows Updates differs significantly. You are welcome to verify this on any PC of your choice.

We are talking about driver "updates" and not missing drivers. So when you are looking to update drivers, it is assumed that you have them (original drivers) installed. :)

Where do you source it from in the first place? :p

Cee Deeeeeeeeee :p

btw most manufacturers have Auto update feature/app in motherboard cd/dvd.

even ATi started giving update notifications.

All i'm saying is that $5 doesnt seem worth this in current age, atleast when OSes are integrating smarter feature to carry out the same.

Cee Deeeeeeeeee

Driver UPDATES. :p

btw most manufacturers have Auto update feature/app in motherboard cd/dvd.

without ethernet / modem drivers?

pwned by local storage !!

^ How does Auto Update work without the Internet? :p

btw most manufacturers have Auto update feature

even ATi started giving update notifications.

As opposed to updating everything, for all devices, through one program? Remember... I said convenience. ;)

^ In addition to that, the driver updates that are offered via Windows Updates, have to go through the Windows Testing and Certification process (part of the WHQL test process). So obviously that takes time and only the key updates eventually make it through.

thetoxicmind said:
Driver UPDATES. :p

^ How does Auto Update work without the Internet? :p

As opposed to updating everything, for all devices, through one program? Remember... I said convenience. ;)

it wont work without internet, my point was that you do not need to purchase a 3rd party app when manufacturer is providing one. not sure if they have auto update feature.

but fine, spend those $5 :p

my point was that you do not need to purchase a 3rd party app when manufacturer is providing one. not sure if they have auto update feature.

My point being: Those who need the convenience of doing all the above in 4 steps (scan, download, backup, install ALL updates) can spend the $5. If it doesn't interest you, ignore it. :)

Back