English TV series discussion

At last Tomorrow the wait will be over ...........!

Walking down d lane , inside d soul lies a dark passenger ....
I'm not the monster he wants me to be.
So I'm neither man nor beast.
I'm something new entirely,
My own set of rules.
"I am a father, a son, a serial killer"
I'm Dexter. good or bad????

dAMmmm Excited :)

Saw 2 more episodes of The Shield and it is quite interesting. Every episode is different from one another and offers something exciting. 7 seasons before the series concluded so that's a good sign I guess. Only time will tell. :)

dexter And Homeland 2mmorow :)

Corrected! :p

Watched Homeland S01 and completely blown out....anything like that to recommend ?

Breaking Bad Season 5 Ep.1 watched only....why they stop airing after 8th episode....hate to wait.

Almost towards the end of season 1 of The Shield and loving it. When exactly are these kind of show aired on FX in the States? I mean from the partial nudity and violence going around, I doubt it's prime time.

Also saw the first episode of The Big Bang Theory's latest season and laughed my ass off when
Sheldon recited the Spider-Man line to Amy. Delivered with pitch perfection and then hit rock bottom when he revealed it was from Spider-Man.
Howard and his antics are starting to bore me now. His mother's constant nagging and Bernadette's squeaky tone, I'd probably switch it to mute or fast forward.

The Office's 2nd episode was decent too. Got to watch Fringe's new episode.

^^^The Shield is a very interesting Series, It got everything in same balance. Most interesting part of this series (2 story line @ same time..like many others) is a daily story/mystery which last for a whole episode, Another story/mystery which continued at the length of the whole season.....This is very interesting & keep you wanted to watch more as you nearing the end of the season.

Completed Season 3 of the shield till now, Awesome show....S02 & 03.

I am really glad people took some sane advice for once.. from me i.e I am the sane guy! :p

Almost towards the end of season 1 of The Shield and loving it. When exactly are these kind of show aired on FX in the States? I mean from the partial nudity and violence going around, I doubt it's prime time.

Might be something like Dexter? It's a paid channel and has quite a lot of nudity and gore.

I want to start Shield.But I gather that season 1 is not so good. So can you tell me which season should I start this with?
South Park s16e08 was really funny.

Where did you gather Season 1 was not so good? For me, Season 1-6 had something or the other going on each minute... you simply can't ignore Season 1 - you wouldn't understand anything.

If you're not watching Season 1, why watch the show at all.

Amen to that!

Saw 2 more episodes of The Shield and it is quite interesting. Every episode is different from one another and offers something exciting. 7 seasons before the series concluded so that's a good sign I guess. Only time will tell. :)

Yup - take your time with it.. some of the episodes really hit you. They really delve into the human psyche - everyone has a different reaction to a situation. The best thing I like is (unlike our current Indian TV shows), if something happens and there are 5 people in the room, you can see the expressions on everyone's face . Now, this seems quite logical but to implement it in a show it is really difficult. All the credit goes to the director and the actors. I have seen other shows too but The Shield is different because it delivers that shock value. In some scenes you literally have your jaw on the floor.

As an example, if two guys start fighting, it won't be the kick-and-duck-and-punch-and-duck routine in Hindi movies that we see. It will be bloody and will make you squirm in your seat, like it would happen in real life! :)

^^^The Shield is a very interesting Series, It got everything in same balance. Most interesting part of this series (2 story line @ same time..like many others) is a daily story/mystery which last for a whole episode, Another story/mystery which continued at the length of the whole season.....This is very interesting & keep you wanted to watch more as you nearing the end of the season.

Completed Season 3 of the shield till now, Awesome show....S02 & 03.

It gets better and better

PS: To each and everyone of you, don't read any reviews or anything from random sites. I was reading user reviews and came upon a spoiler that happens in the later seasons (I was watching Season 2). I was like :mad: :mad:

For now, I'm a bit confused with Mackey's morality. He always seems to be playing the no-holds-barred cop and the things that he has done in the first few episodes are really messed up. But then I see he is devoted to his family as well, which I find as a very good aspect. He looks out for his team, but at the same time, he also does amoral things to keep them secured. I'd have to watch more episodes to see why he is getting involved in these activities. But solid show thus far.

Second season is starting from 17 Oct.

Yeah and they have retained some of the cast from the first season. Jessica Lange was a given with her stellar performance in S1. And this time they have it happening in an asylum. I sincerely hope the writers have taken unto account the response of the critics from the season finale last time.

Anyone saw the pilot of elementary? How was it?

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but looks like a generic US TV procedural. Definitely falls flat when you compare to the UK Sherlock. Might improve though. Person of Interest started off in a similar low key manner and took off as the season progressed.

Elementary is a disgrace on everything Sherlock. It can be watched for laughs though, you sure will get plenty of it during the show.

Back