Equal Opportunity Employer?

The cherry on top is: Opening is for an onsite opportunity (no offshore team) but I never had chance to go f2f.

I know that the thread has come to its logical conclusion and congrats to you for landing the job but the Bolded part in your post might have been the reason for HR's reluctance to move ahead with your offer. Having said that, Ive seen people who cant even compose an email and who have HEAVY regional accents go abroad and face the clients somehow.

Its been a long time I visited this thread. Just wanted to let you all know - I have been hired at another bank. My new boss has been awesome and supportive.

We actually got off on the wrong foot. I was a bit exasperated(looking for job for 5mths) with the kind of response I got from the "desi" MNCs. So my first line out of the door was - "I have stammering so if that is an issue or you want to take a courtesy 10-15 mins interview, please don't waste my time or your time". :)

After my final confirmation he called me to congratulate and have a word. He said he was a bit taken aback by my candor - specially the "wasting time" part. He asked me not to feel bad about stammering; I had to tell him the scenario mentioned in the thread. He agreed on people/HR feeling too smart and thinking they can read body language/speech and what not. There was nothing wrong in people knowing what they lack and working towards it. I was even specifically told in case anyone from the team or even the company doesn't understand the "equal opportunity" aspect; an official complain can be lodged against the person. :)

Nice. :) There are nice people out there.

Its been a long time I visited this thread. Just wanted to let you all know - I have been hired at another bank. My new boss has been awesome and supportive.

We actually got off on the wrong foot. I was a bit exasperated(looking for job for 5mths) with the kind of response I got from the "desi" MNCs. So my first line out of the door was - "I have stammering so if that is an issue or you want to take a courtesy 10-15 mins interview, please don't waste my time or your time". :)

After my final confirmation he called me to congratulate and have a word. He said he was a bit taken aback by my candor - specially the "wasting time" part. He asked me not to feel bad about stammering; I had to tell him the scenario mentioned in the thread. He agreed on people/HR feeling too smart and thinking they can read body language/speech and what not. There was nothing wrong in people knowing what they lack and working towards it. I was even specifically told in case anyone from the team or even the company doesn't understand the "equal opportunity" aspect; an official complain can be lodged against the person. :)

Superb!! Many congrats! Yours was the first thread I opened today - great way to start the day! :)

The biggest problem with some people and most (not all ) of these people are in Indian Companies have is

1. Judge a guy from his communication (Girls are judge differently )
2. Want people to stay late for just of sake of it.
3. Make noise about there work even if they do very basic work.

Even though these things at times help say communication since it makes others feel you know things better as its said if you speak about something you know everything but in recent times this fact is turning the wheel the one who are speaking most hardly knows much about it , they are just very good at there communication.

@sharktale1212
I'm happy that you left that job since there is no point in working in a company where there is no respect for there employees ,employees should be respected for the work they have been hired for not otherwise.We even have lesbian and gay protection rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Darthcoder - Its beating a dead horse but the issue was not whether they could reject me or not. Rather whether it was justified to give such an explanation after 5 rounds of interviews. Anyways very happy with the current offer so doesn't really matter :)
@All others - Thanks for the congratulations :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back