PC Peripherals Excellent experience with Antec service

Nomad

Disciple
I had three issues with my 2 year old Antec Sonata-2 cabinet, (it comes with a 3 year warranty):

1) The cabinet's front door's hinge broke within the first month of purchase.

2) The fan cabinet's 120mm fan wasn't working from day 1.

(Both the above issues were not a show stopper for me so I continued using the cabinet without RMAing it.)

3) A couple of months back, the PSU (SP450) stopped working.

So I called up the dealer regarding the problems, he told me to write an email to some person in Antec Hong Kong as all Antec RMA is through their HK office. I listed out these three issues to him on email. He said that the fan is currently out of stock, but will send it as soon as he gets it; for the door issue he said that he will check with the U.S. warehouse and respond, but he mentioned that the chances are less. For the PSU, he sent an upgraded version EA-500 as the SP450 was discontinued. I received the PSU within 10-15 days of the conversation. I was happy that I got a brand new and a better SMPS.

I reminded him for the fan issue twice but he requested me to wait.

After waiting for about 1.5-2 months, I wrote a somewhat harsh email to him saying that I would never buy or recommend an Antec product. I did not get any response to my email, and I forgot about the whole episode.

After about 10-20 days, I got a parcel from them with 10 tricool fans!! I felt that this was to compensate for the cabinet’s door and the delay. I was wrong...

After another 10 days, I received another parcel from them, this time again it was a surprise. They sent me the entire front panel of the cabinet, not just the door!!

I must say that I am a customer of Antec for life!

So to put the long story short,

1) I got a new box packed EA-500 (500 Watt SMPS, 80+ rating) in place of a 2 year used SP450 (450 Watts regular).

2) 10 new box packed tricool fans in place of 1 tricool fan.

3) Complete front panel (new) of the cabinet in place of the door.

Does somebody have a similar experience with Antec or any other brand?

Thats great to hear and all the more reason to get pissed off with the way Indian consumers are treated by local distris, dealers and service centers

Wow awesome man. What a marvellous service. But y did they send you 10 tricool fans. I think they are giving you replacement fans well in advance and that too 10.

Very lucky you are. And what are tricool fans. Can u give me an example...

H2O said:
Thats good.....It seems some companies do support their customers and understand their problems.

Yeah but then there're retards as well. Say Powercolor for one. Wrote more than just a couple of mails to the customer service in Taiwan, US, China, you name it! None bothered to respond.

I shall not touch a Powercolor card with a 10ft pole henceforth! Sometimes it pays to learn the lesson the hard way.

Its nice to hear something good abt Antec, with pathetic lineup in India and very bad distri I was expecting something else.

anfjavid said:
Very lucky you are. And what are tricool fans. Can u give me an example...

They are these awesome variable RPM fans!

@TS
Congrats, I strongly believe you should write them 1 last email of appreciation, and include a link to this thread in it.

Three cheers for Antec ASS. :) I hope they can do something about their distris. and stock issues.

Back