FIFA 12 - Discussion Thread

Cannot stop thinking of this game... Now tell me, how can they fix the game in the final release??? The demo was out just a couple of weeks earlier.. The game is going to be released on September 27 which now has only four days left... So the retail copies must have been packed and kept ready to be distributed a week or two in advance.. Then how can the final release be fixed?? May be some patch later... thats what I think.. Correct me if I am wrong...

Though the demo came out recently, I think it was ready before the transfer period got over. That's why Arsenal still have Fabregas and Nasri in the demo.

They will update roster list, tweak it in the final version .

:clap:............... Forgot about the transfers funda

yessir said:
Though the demo came out recently, I think it was ready before the transfer period got over. That's why Arsenal still have Fabregas and Nasri in the demo.

They will update roster list, tweak it in the final version .

@chiragsthakur and all those who are not comfortable with the speed, I guess you'll have to live with it. This time they have made the gameplay slower to give it more sim like feel. The speed augurs well with the precision dribbling system and tactical defending. It is a huge step ahead of fifa 11 where u can keep pressing the standing tackle and call second defender button and the defenders charge at you like homing missiles. This time around you'll have to build up your play. Slow - yes but definitely more tactical. No more mindless sprints and lobs over the defending line. I, for one, am very happy with the changes. I will suggest you guys to play with a controller and all settings on manual. Then it would be fun. You will tear your hair at times (that happens most of the time with me now, but am sticking to it) but once you get hang of things it would be much more enjoyable.

Regarding the errors, I am sure I read somewhere that EA has deliberately induced some errors in referee-ing and other areas to make it more real life like where referees do make mistakes (world cup - England! anyone?).

The bugs are there and I really hope that EA sorts them out in the final version. The demo is supposed to be quite an old build. But I guess a few bugs will be there because of the new player impact engine.

Anyway can't wait till I get my hands on the game. Hope Flipkart ships it real fast. :)

^^ I play on everything manual... Nothing assisted.. But the defending is like slow motion. Strikers dribble the ball past defenders with ease. In Fifa12 we have same follow the ball (contain) feature as it was earlier, but this time the defenders take time to change their way. I hope you got what I am saying. And this ruins the gameplay IMO. Even in real world, defenders are not so slow to turn or to change way. Player impact engine is another thing which should have been implemented sensibly. A player falls to the ground (for eg a defender), and by the time he gets up on his feet again, the striker is in position to score. Now thats what ruins the experience. I am like "Aray khada reh aur bhaag" :mad: Lets see whats in the final release.

This game has spoilt my reputation against my PC... ;) Those Mancity players (Eg. balotelli and Tevez) come and score at their will :ashamed: And I am seen happy to defend,rather than attack.. This is the version in which Legendary mode is what actual word legend means... :)

I have 2 on order from Flipkart...waiting for the same... :)

What I hear from people who are playing it is the full version has lot of bug fixes and gameplay is faster

^heard its already out on you-know-where. But not sure whether its playable. The demo has one more bug were although it shows manual but it is actually assisted when playing on keyboard. :p

Heard that the gameplay is not that slick for fifa 12.
People have moved on to PES just for the gameplay sacrificing for the graphics.
Is the above statement true?
Asking this because friends are of this opinion.
Might play Anyone of the those games now.

ggt said:

To each his own I guess. Have not played PES 12 so can't really give you a personal opinion but as per many review sites EA has managed to widen the gap more than ever. The one time I played PES10 I guess, I felt it extremely arcade-ish.

ggt said:

PES 2008, 2009, 2010 were very arcadish and FIFA was a better game. (Especially, FIFA 08). PES 2011 returned to its roots and there are quite a few people (including me) who think it is one of the best football games ever made. Thing is, FIFA is technically an excellent game but they don't seem to be inclined to model a lot of football behaviour. (AI, player individuality, momentum and inertia for player models, etc). They were headed that way with FIFA 08 but have regressed since then.

What FIFA does well is have a great technical engine (smooth animations) and good passing controls (though their control philosophy makes it so that every player passes very similarly. Not a huge variation). Players turn on a dime but it is not very realistic.

Compared to that, PES has this.

Basically, it boils down to individual preferences. Some of us are willing to live with the negatives of PES 2012 to play what we believe is a better approximation of football.

You should download both demos and decide which you prefer.

I played FIFA 08, 09, 10 but went back to PES 2011.

^^ is it any different to the actual demo? :p I promised myself not to download the you-know-what, but it is getting incredibly harder to not to.

Back