FIFA World cup 2010 discussion thread

Yay .. great win for the Germans .. they simply pawned the Three Pussycats .. err .. i mean the so called Three Lions ... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hope now Germany will go all the way to the finals along with the Spanish ..

Germany was on top in every manner. Stadium was full of England fans (almost more than 60% of them) but German fans tasted sweeeet win :D

Argentina is dominating mexico by 2-0 till 45th Minute.

^ Saw second goal attempt by England? Ball was hit on top bar and then it went in the goalpost and recoiled back to top goalpost bar, and then out. Referee asked to continue the game even that was an goal. That was also sad, England had no luck :no:

But Spain are current euro champions, what are portugal ?

I'd say unless Spain are unlucky they should beat Portugal.

What i like with the last four matches is there were no penalties, which is always a crap shoot.

The best team got through :)

Rahulrulez said:
^ Saw second goal attempt by England? Ball was hit on top bar and then it went in the goalpost and recoiled back to top goalpost bar, and then out. Referee asked to continue the game even that was an goal. That was also sad, England had no luck :no:
They lost by a big margin, so this one odd goal would not have made much of a difference though it will be a debatable topic for along time now, Germany looked good from the start and England were playing in bits and pieces. If Germany plays like this in the next game they can do wonders and anything can happen. The counter attack goals were awesome and were a treat to watch.

^ Germany's first goal itself was offside, and the second attempt of england was a goal but not given.. So the score could be England 2- Germany 1, then in second half game would have been changed completely..

Rahulrulez said:
^ Germany's first goal itself was offside,
Hah, where did you read that ?

Unless you've confused it with the argentina game where their first was an offside.
Rahulrulez said:
and the second attempt of england was a goal but not given..
Agreed

Rahulrulez said:
So the score could be England 2- Germany 1, then in second half game would have been changed completely..
It could have been 2-2 at half-time but it ended up 2-1

2-1 & 2-2 isn't too much difference. England could still easily have played for a draw and gone into extra time. But what explains the extra two goals Germany scored then ?

As much as i hate to admit it, Germany were the better team.

blr_p said:
It could have been 2-2 at half-time but it ended up 2-1

2-1 & 2-2 isn't too much difference. England could still easily have played for a draw and gone into extra time. But what explains the extra two goals Germany scored then ?

As much as i hate to admit it, Germany were the better team.

Yeah, Just head over to the English media. They are squarely blaming the refs. They just don't seem to credit the German powerhouse for what they did in the 2nd half at all. I think the English media is to blame. They just hyped up an ordinary team. Take a look at this : Germans are terrified of Three Lions before World Cup match with England | The Sun |News (This is from 2 days ago :) )

Ze Germans FTW!

Supported netherlands-supporting netherlands -will support netherlands

being a quite team... netherlands & argentina were the only teams to win their all group matches and i don't think slovakia will be scoring a single goal in this match:p

Rahulrulez said:
^ Germany's first goal itself was offside, and the second attempt of england was a goal but not given.. So the score could be England 2- Germany 1, then in second half game would have been changed completely..
No offside from

1) Corner :)/)

2) Throw-in

3) Goal kick

Back