Flipkart.com Deleting Reviews which talk about their Bad Customer Service

Metalspree said:
My first experince with FK is not going on smooth pre ordered the Steve Jobs biography . I am yet to recieve the book, they are taking their own sweet time in shipping it. Customer service says we do not have book in stock then WTF do they mean by pre-order :mad: :mad:.

All Indian start ups are good until they see sucess but after they become like our babus who are fit for nothing. I am 100% sure FK will slowly turn into another Lynx-India.

I really love amazon read here as to why Amazing Customer Support from Amazon

What have they committed to you as the time of delivery, which is shown in the myorders section. Has that been breached..?

Yup it has been,according to the terms i must have got it 2 days back.

I got a call from FK for my post in their FB page. The agent said was it was due to stock problem , which according me is bullshit when they take pre orders they are supposed to deliver it. I have told the agent not to call as the damage is done and a sorry cannot fix it at.

I know this is OT,but when are Amazon starting their operations in India?

It will be great if there is competition for Flipkart.

But I maintain that I have got all my products on time,But I play safe and order only on COD. ;)

Srirama said:
I know this is OT,but when are Amazon starting their operations in India?

It will be great if there is competition for Flipkart.

But I maintain that I have got all my products on time,But I play safe and order only on COD. ;)

As per inside sources and media, it should be around Q1 2012

I've yet to have a bad experience with Flipkart, and I have ordered numerous books, and small computer peripherals. Occasionally there is a courier related issue for which I do not blame Flipkart. They ship their products on time. It's the courier services that screw up. You can mention your preferred courier and after that they'll do their best to ship your items through that courier.

It's quite clear that Flipkart values it's customer. On lodging a complaint the Customer Services do their best to get in touch with you and resolve the issue as soon as possible. Yes, some competition would be nice as it always is, but Flipkart's service as far as I can remember has been top notch, regardless of the competition.

Also I'm surprised that you guys haven't read this article already, posted on Flipkart's blog.

Do not tell me that Amazon doesn't have delivery issue, it's impossible to not have one when you are moving items in such bulk quantities. But I believe what they do well is offer a quick resolution to any issues that crop up. Flipkart is working on it but you have to remember that it has to work with "INDIAN" courier services and personal. You might argue that the operating cost here in India is way lower, but so is the service. Also, all of you praising Amazon so much, I think you guys might be slightly disappointed when Amazon finally launches in India. Still it'll be interesting to see how well Amazon works with Indian the same resources.

I'm sure that almost 70-80% of all issues are courier related for which you really can't blame Flipkart. Once Flipkart logistics has spread wide enough I'm sure the number of these issues will also drop.

^^ What you said stood true a year back. I live in Delhi and ALL the problems I'm having with FK are either related with their CC or their own logistics.

yea i havent had a problem with FK till date but i did post a review for a canon cartridge they didnt have in stock for over a month and kept the listing and after numerous mails to CC, they didnt reply but after posting the review, they called me in a couple of days. the line wasnt clear so they said theyd call me back n then i went online and my review was gone.

way to go flipkart!

@Rogues

That page was made on 30th October 2011 if I am not wrong , i guess they got to know of the thread here on TE :)

Recently I bought a LG 42" LCD TV for 41K from Flipkart. The after sales support was a mess. LG Tech didnt install the TV properly even after giving clear instructions. TV got delivered on 5th Jan 2012, but still after so many calls and emails the issue is not resolved.

I posted a review for the product and service from Flipkart and LG, but it was deleted in a day. They sent me an email stating that review will be removed as it may affect their business. It looks like they only keep the good reviews.

http://www.pluggd.in/flipkart-deleting-negative-reviews-297/

http://blog.flipkart.com/deleting-negative-positive-review-moderation-process-2

^^ I've generally good experiences with flipkart, it was only on one order that I faced issues, I tried booking Dead Space for PC, then a week later I call up to ask them what happened and they explain, that the game is out of stock, a week later it is again back online, so I place an order and the situation repeats itself. I decided I will wait before re-ordering the game. Let us see what happens then.

Though I got Dead Space II pretty soon after order.

I haven't ordered anything above ~ 700/- from flipkart. General order is for books OR games.

He He He. IMO, all these sites should be avoided for expensive products above 5k~10K.

Thats a best thing to do..

Most of these sites are infamous for thier disappointing customer support and rotten logistics team. Lets buy is also doing this, Yebhi started electronics business last year, there are complaints about them as well...

They have the authority to remove customer reviews.. but... we can still post our reviews in mousthshut and TE and send them links.

Do sites like Amazon and Newegg delete negative reviews too? I have read quite a few negative ones on those sites, but they mostly refer to the product itself and not service of the online vendor.

Most websites like ebay and amazon have a forum to discuss their services etc. You posted a "flipkart" service review in the "product review" space. Can't blame them if they removed it. First for the simple reason that, it's a review at the wrong place (If you had said the product was bad then it would have stayed) and second, like you said they might want to avoid negative reviews altogether. I am aware of that space too

Also we confuse the online space a lot, specially the retail space. Imagine you go to a sweetshop and then come out with a bad experience. Now you can tell it to your friends, open a blog, write to the newspaper, stick a hoarding outside your house, do a march along your street with playcards etc (all of which are legal and just) but you cannot go and stick a bill inside his shop or shout slogans inside his shop. This is similar to that.

What's Not Allowed?

[font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]

Customer reviews should be relevant to the product in question. The product review section on flipkart.com is for you to share your opinion on the product, and for other customers to research better. Flipkart.comreserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
[/font]

• Irrelevant review (Review consisting of a combination of random characters, random words, repeated content, reviews on another product.)
[/font]

• Service feedback, including availability, order or payment related queries (Please use the Contact us form for the same)
[/font]

• HTML embedded in text
[/font]

• References to other retailers
[/font]

• Pricing related comments
[/font]

• Personal information (Phone numbers, postal address, email address and others)
[/font]

• Profane comments
[/font]

• Inflammatory comments
[/font]

• Copyrighted comments
[/font]

• Plagiarized content. (Any content found elsewhere on the internet, even if you're the original author.)
[/font]

• Promotional content
[/font]

• Reviews by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a competitor's product (reviews by authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers without disclosure)
[/font]

• Reviews written for any form of compensation
[/font]

• Reviews given using fake ids, irrelevant user email ids
[/font]

• Asking for helpful votes
[/font]

• Review in any language other than English (unless there is a clear connection to the product, like a regional book or a regional music album)
[/font]

• Feedback about errors in the product description (Please use the feedback form at the bottom of the product page).
[/font]

PS: I do not work for flipkart
<

Do sites like Amazon and Newegg delete negative reviews too? I have read quite a few negative ones on those sites, but they mostly refer to the product itself and not service of the online vendor.

Don't think Amazon and Newegg deletes negative reviews unless maybe they appear to be spam. In Newegg, I've noticed that sometimes the OEM themselves respond to genuine negative feedback.

I guess, we had discussed this before, but lame of FK to do so. Breaks the e-commerce model of business+feedback.

#Sarath_

You should not compare an online shopping website with a local shop. And yes, if it was a local shop then I would have went there and shouted at him because it is my hard earned money and its his responsibility to make the initial installation right.

I have been calling Flipkart and LG Customer Care since 6th of Jan to get this fixed, but every time they promise to give a resolution within 24 to 48 hours which never happens.

I have bought many things from Flipkart and never had such an issue. I wrote the review on 19th Jan after giving up for support from Flipkart and LG. It was deleted on the same day. In the review I mentioned only good things about Flipkart and the TV, but I was unhappy with the LG service guys. I also mentioned that we should not buy big electronics items such as TV, Refrigerators from online websites, I think they didn't like that line. I dont mind if they delete my review after fixing the issue, but instead they deleted it because they didnt like it.

Flipkart CC even told me that they are third party and they can not help me after the sale. I have to contact LG to get things right. FK can only help me if the item is damaged or not working.

Anyways I have emailed them for one last time. I have also given the link to this thread in my email, so lets see what happens.

Back