Front Load Washing Machine HELP !!!

I am planning to buy a front load washing machine... Please help me in making a right purchase..

LG 8068LDP comes with 10 years warranty @ Rs. 19,000
or
whirlpool SUD701

Any other choice??? A dealer here says that LG is better than whirlpool in terms of quality .. He also says that LG has Direct Drive Motor(the motor is directly attached to the drum without using a belt or pulley) so it is the best option and that too with 10 years warranty...

Please help me in making a right purchase..

TY

Well you might want to check on 10 years warranty which is usually on the motor which are usually completely maintaince free,there are other stuff like valves,pump,dials know,PCB,power supply,washers,gasket etc.

The SUD701 is superior to LG models and Siemens washing machines costing even 30k to 35k.

IFB offers 4 years warranty,but that didn't tempt me .There build quality is a joke,like TATA cars 6 to 10 years back.

We got Lg washing machine as a gift, at the time of our purchase we got two year warranty and we could not use more than one year due to personal reason and after that 6 months of proper use the pcb has gone and the lg service personal came and suggested to change the pcb which is almost 30% of the the total product cost we argued with him but those service persons don't have proper knowledge to repair even some minor faults in circuit board.Finally we spend huge amount to replace pcb.When reading in and around some sites we came to know lg pcb is more prone to frequent problem .

Thanks guys... Is SUD701 still a best buy???

I guess i should stay away from LG... BTW, how is IFB??

Here the dealer says he enquired about SUD701 and there is no stock anywhere in india... Is that true?? Can some1 help me find it in chennai??

TY

LG 1056LDP with better features than 8068LDP at a lil bit more price @ 21K. Also 10 years motor warranty is only for motor and for rest it is 2 years. If you are particular about warranty IFB offers 4 years. But I am not hearing good things about IFB service

^^ Below is the difference i could find :S bw PUD701 and SUD701. I thinks SUD is discontinued and PUD came. Features wise i didnt find any difference

Width (mm) 595 595

Depth (mm) 618 595

Height (mm) 825 850

The PUD 701 is the lower end version of the SUD701 ,with indian designed electronic control panel.Where as the SUD 701 is a international model a direct import,with european quality and safety standards,even though most of parts and components are back ward compatible with Indian made and designed PUD 701 ,sportz models.

Well i am not sure, its discontinued the catalog still has them.even when it was launched the availability is low.Since its a direct import.I hunted a lot ,so has most SUD701 owners.

I am using IFB for past few years.. COmpletely Maint free.

Also when I was at IIM-A,bad for my PG, all dorms have IFBs running round the clock. There must be about 100 IFBs there.. I will any day buy an IFB.. I had 3 yrs ext warraty but never had a problem. I got so fedup that I call IFB service team 3-4 times a year for prev maint & that guy just cleans the washers etc..

+1 for IFB. I have had IFB for almost 10 years now. And only had to call in service only 2-3 times. In Goa, IFB service is good. S, you can opt for an IFB if service is good in your area.

navino87 said:
I am planning to buy a front load washing machine... Please help me in making a right purchase..

whirlpool SUD701
I was interested in Whirlpool 7 kg Front load(because of capacity and offered price Rs.24500/-), but having done bit research(googling), i've decided NOT TO CONSIDER Whirlpool front load. There are numerous complaints about the front loader here in india and abroad.

If you have purchased this model, do post a review here.

TY

No experince about Whirpool. Doont own asingle product from them. I am using Samsung 6.5KG front load for last 2years, no issue so far apart from my moms complaints that she cant hear the noise when it washes..so obviously(according to her) it dosent cleans the closhtes well...LOL

Check out Siemens as well its German product cant go worn wit that...the ones sold in India r imported from its factory in Turkey. Siemens has been selling WMs in india since last 7years or so but only in premium segmenst like the South B'Bay area in Mumbai.

ifb is the best when it comes to front loading machines and dishwashers .. for a top loading machine u can chose anything else but for a front loading machines ifb is highly rated ..

Back