FullyAutomatic FrontLoading Washing Machine

Hi,

We're looking to buy a fully-automatic front-loader. Whirlpool and LG are the two brands we want to consider (Siemens we dont want to risk as their machines are fully imported - apart from their being not really a consumer appliance company, so their support department may not be very good).

We are looking at the Whirlpool SUD701, Sport, and the LG direct drive TROMM models. Budget is <30K, the lower the better, but only if we get the best machine!

A few questions -
1. Does Whirlpool have no direct-drive machines in India? Can any LG direct-drive users comment on how much more silent the machine really is compared to belt-drive machines?

2. If the SUD701 [which is highly rated here] is a fully imported model, then wont there be issues with the parts for this ? Any users who can tell us about their experience with service, parts, and their knowledge on this subject even if they didnt have to do a service yet?

3. The Sport model of whirlpool - does it compare at all to SUD701? Is it even worth looking at?

4. Overall, if any of you chose LG over Whirlpool while looking at the same machines - can you tell us why?

5. Any info on whirlpool support quality would also be appreciated. The pre-sales we have dealt with so far has been poor [clueless dealers not even quick to make a sale!]

Your expert opinion would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Syf

i have been using the SUD 701 for 1.5 years no issues whats so ever.
some of the parts are common with the indian made sport model and PUM/PUD series although they may be of indian make like solonoid valves,some of the panels,perhaps even the motor.i.e these may fit the SUD 701 but will be of indian make.

secondly their are European online stores that sell the parts.

the sport model doesn't compare to the SUD701 in terms of quality,fit and finish.

i didn't choose LG because compared to SUD701 its was still inferior in the build quality,although the LG is still better then the IFB,haier etc.

as far siemens they have just one service centre cum showroom,from the dealers they say that the parts does take some long time.

unlike the whirpool where the company itself market and sell them,siemens is marketed as sold by a distributor.
the comparable 7kg model of the siemens again didn't match the quality of the sud 701.

Back