Banned
Well most of the people go for laptops and even branded desktop pc is cheaper

nowadays.

So what will be the future of assembled pc after few years .:eek:hyeah:

puja_s said:

nowadays.

errr....correction, branded PCs are NOT cheaper than assembled ones, never can be, a company needs more margin to cover manufacturing/shipping costs etc :)

assembled will me much more cheaper but i still think buying branded pc is worth only if you can get it customized according to your requirement otherwise its useless and pure waste of money. i prefer dell products because you can customize it. is their any other brand of which we can customize the product config...???

puja_s said:

nowadays.

Assembled pc has certain advantages like-

•You can choose your own component configurations. No need to pay for unwanted and costly components which are bundled with a branded computer which you no longer going to use.

•You can choose best international products of good quality to assemble your computer.

•You can get long time manufacturer warranty.

•In assembled PC, the after sales service is good and quick.

•You can select the components so that it will be easy to upgrade in future. It is much easier to upgrade to newer versions of hardware (say you want an additional graphics card for your newly bought LCD TV monitor)

•The components you choose to assemble the computer are of good quality and international brands. You can find details of each and every component, so that you can buy a perfect PC for your requirement and budget.

nowadays.

So what will be the future of assembled pc after few years .

Lol.. Thats foolish thing.. Can you provide any Survey or proof of your words :p :rofl:

Nothing can be cheaper than Assembled PC. :|

Those who buy computers for office and business generally go with branded alternatives.
Branded pcs are bundled with a genuine OS be it even the low end Vista Home Basic. While local assemblers (some) go the piracy route to retain the customer.

Locally Assembled(non branded) is the way to go provided you choose the right person to assemble your pc. However branded ones are catching up in price and are offering gamer friendly variants as well.

laptops are certainly gaining popularity now that their performance is very good (can even run vista :p) and im sure they are taking away market share from branded desktops.

assembled pcs will remain popular with techie/geek pc enthusiasts (cheaper AND customisable) and also those who want a cheaper alternative will get a simple assembled desktop from their local assembler...

^^It's true arnd here in my place. Even I myself recommend branded PCs for office/ general usage (I'm a dealer for some brands myself ;) ). Prices of branded entry level PCs are quite affordable and when it comes to cheap PCs, most assemblers compromise on the quality of the components.

High end PCs are something else. No brand can ever match up to an assembled one in terms of cost/ customisability.

most assemblers compromise on the quality of the components.

Thats where the consumer comes in. If the buyer is an informed buyer, he can make his own configuration rathr than depending on what the dealer gives.

another thing that lacks with branded pc normally is that they just offer 1 year warranty on all their stuff. assembled , it varys from 1 to 3 to 5 years also even 10 in case of stuff like corsair .

puja_s said:

nowadays.

I would say...branded computers are good as first computers...my first PC was branded one ...bought it in 1999 (Zenith) ...it served me well for 6-7 years.... its still in running condition now....although i have 2 other computers now ,its still kept aside for sentimental reasons only...

When you know what you are buying ...assembled is always the way to go....

OT : Did anyone notice that the user who asked this question (puja_s )has been banned :rofl:

^ lol, i noticed that too, maybe the mods are part of the assembled PC mafia... :fear:

j/k

and just so that I stay on topic

Desktops - assembled will rule all
Workstations / Servers - Branded will the 1st choice (mostly because of the assoiciated support)

Back