Galaxy S II display reportedly has yellow spots, we test

DarkAngel

Skilled
The Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II is having a magnificent debut on the smartphone scene, winning plenty of users for the Android and Samsung causes. Well it appears that not all is rosy with the Korean flagship as a watchful user has noticed an issue with that gorgeous 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus display.

The problem reported by numerous forum users concerns the leftmost quarter of the lower half of the screen and is most visible at the lowest brightness settings.

Some even say, it's not that those units are faulty, it's like that on all Galaxy SII phones. Well, we rolled out our sleeves and went to check ours and report back.

And indeed, upon a really, really close inspection, we noticed that the part of the display in question is slightly darker than the rest of the screen and has a slight yellow tint to it.

To make the effect more prominent in the photo on the left we have flipped the lower half of the screen so the darker and lighter parts are closer by. It's really the best we can do to demonstrate an effect that is pretty hard to see otherwise.

Galaxy S II display reportedly has yellow spots, we test - GSMArena.com news

All early adopters keep an eye on this issue!

Check the last part of the report "it says i wont be a deal breaker for many as most of us wont even notice it " just pretend u havent read this thread.

Yeah guys just that they have inverted the lower part image so that the bright and dark parts are closer and so it is slightly visible.
In real time they say is it near impossible to notice. But still just wanted to post this since some guys are very nit-picky and @32k it ain't cheap too.

Read Some Comments Of GsmArena: : :bleh:

now, im thinking of LG Optimus 3D or even shift to HTC Sensation..

Well no SG2 S for me...I will get an Motorola Atrix 4G instead. Less problems same Fun...

Yes changing the Display, comeon, this is something that Samsung knows but trie to "let it pass" How much affect a "little Yellow" in users lifes hehehe :p

^My thoughts exactly.

A minor mustard tinge, imperceptible to the naked eye hardly deters from the Flamboyant AMO-LED pedigree.

I mean....From that viewpoint...every single NON-AMOLED screen out is invariably plagued by the WHITE SPOT issue....accrediting to the Light bleeding and imperfect blacks exhibited by all standard LCD displays, which are soldered on the majority of the smartphones.

But i have yet to see anyone complaining about that...! ;D

I brought it on 3rd (Friday) and did not really notice any such thing so far. Fone outrightly rocks and nothing can stop its popularity in forthcoming days. I had used SGS-I since last about a year when it was launched and there were many reviews for bad built quality (plastic built) but I outrightly deny it after using it for a year. My SGS-I was dropped atleast 15-20 times during this period and went fully intact. I am really afraid that IP-4 and others with so called good quality can survive such blows.

Yes it's there, barely noticeable and I don't think it's a deal breaker. If it really breaks your deal, you're the sorts who would faint and collapse if your 1 week old car catches a small nick at the rear left mudguard

Yellow color is not bothering for me at all, ( although I am not getting, coz of lack of money )

this isn't a deal breaker for me and should not be for other friends, if there is a hardware problem, then sammy wil rma the sets.. ( so no worries ) and if it is software, then no worries at all.. :)

so go sammy !!

I can see it too. Roughly 20-30% of the screen on the whole height of left side is yellow with the test image which is disturbing. Not able to notice it in normal use.

Back