Graphic Cards Gigabyte G31M-S2L - Low profile card required?

Amazing !! This should definitely come with a 'Do not try this at home' warning !!

PS: I got myself a Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 512 Mb and am happily using it ! Thanks for all the support.

^LOL what's so lowly? The card or the price you paid for it? There's no such thing as lowly. If you're happy with a penny spent on something and brings a smile on your face, it's certainly good you know!

Congrats on the card Kneo. Mind if you can click some snaps of your setup? As in the plasma TV and the likes. :)

Oh. I've already installed the card in the box and taking it out now would be a pain - I'm actually a lazy bum :)

I'll try and click some snaps of it though. The plasma is a regular LG 42" PQ70 sitting in my drawing room.

Well here's the pics of the card...

Here's the pic of the setup (with the new WD 500Gb Passport and unused Soundmagic PL30 - both were bought because I got quite good deals on them)...

and here's the pic of the plasma...

and since I've taken out my camera (which is a big deal considering the lazy bum that I am), I've also clicked a snap of my power supply which I wanted some help on - Can you guys let me know how to read the specs of this? I don't even remember which brand it is actually :)

comp@ddict said:
The size of that card reminds me of my XFX 6200TC..... lowly I know... beat that hah!!!!!

Totally & the power diff is awesome... :hap2:

Kneo said:
Well here's the pics of the card...

That's my card as well... :eek:hyeah: Which version did you finally got..

Your PSU is generic L&C Tech. It will do for now but seriously need to get atleast FSP Saga 380watts or a Zebby Pro 350w min.

I got the HDMI native version - but since my Dell does not have HDMI, I can't use it.

PSU upgrade is definitely on the cards - and I do have the VX450 on my list (unless there are some others which have better performance to cost ratio)

BTW - this one is a 400W ain't it?

Kneo said:
I got the HDMI native version - but since my Dell does not have HDMI, I can't use it.

Don't worry .. if you do decide to upgrade to a better LCD you can definitely use it. Also it gives you more option in terms of connectivity & practical usage for future if any..

Kneo said:
PSU upgrade is definitely on the cards - and I do have the VX450 on my list (unless there are some others which have better performance to cost ratio)

BTW - this one is a 400W ain't it?

VX450 is a real performer for the price... You know you can overload it to more than 550 watts without breaking a sweat. the efficiency remains linear..
Though your current PSU wattage may be questionable as is the case with all generic models... Neverthless HD4350 does not require much power but for the stability of you rig a good PSU is always recommended...

HailStonE said:
Don't worry .. if you do decide to upgrade to a better LCD you can definitely use it.

..and here I thought that Dell 2209WA is one of the best 22 inchers out there for someone like me who uses it just to watch movies and is not into high-end graphics !!

BTW - The color and light reproduction on the Dell seems more pleasant to my untrained eye than on my LG plasma !

Hey that's a nice display! The 2209WA i.e. And a good setup. :)

And that power supply as hailstone pointed out is the good ol' Powersafe 400W gold. Lasts for humble rigs which do not stress the PSU too much. Not in your case either but there have been cases where this power supply (and/or its variants) had conked off with melted capacitors inside. DId not take away the rest of the components with it luckily! So if you were eyeing for a better power supply such as the VX450 buy one soon! :D

PS: Saw the pic of the toddler on the computer table! :p

:)

He's the reason why I don't get to game as much now - the good ol' days of the Quake3 deathmatches are gone.

Yeah - I don't have any other components other than my 2 HDDs and this PCIE card - but yes, I've read enough posts about the importance of a good PSU and it'd definitely be upgraded.

Kneo said:
..and here I thought that Dell 2209WA is one of the best 22 inchers out there for someone like me who uses it just to watch movies and is not into high-end graphics !!

BTW - The color and light reproduction on the Dell seems more pleasant to my untrained eye than on my LG plasma !

Don't worry there will always be bigger, larger, better :p

Back