GO: 32GB Kingston pendrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Hmm...yea they are OEM's. Maybe these are too. Well, if these are genuine then the price is good :) Well as GoW said , let him test his 2 pieces.

Around 8 months back a roadside dealer in SP Road bangalore offered me 32GB kingston for 2100-2200, claiming that those were original sealed pack. But that time I didn't bought that.

When the prices of 8 GB pen drive was around 3500 an ebay dealer from Mumbai offered me sealed 8GB Transcend pen drive for 1600/- saying it's a direct import.

I purchased it but opted for COD. When the drives arrived it looked absolutely original with original packing. Still not to take chances I opened it and tested it in my PC, and the transfer speed were horrible. I formatted the drive and it made 100's of "found.00X" folder in it. Didn't paid the delivery boy and returned the drive immediately. After few weeks the dealer disappered from ebay.

Later a Google search confirmed that this type of behavior is common in fake transcend drives.

Similar problems exists in fake Sony Memory stick pro duo. They are even available on indiaplaza .com website.

So I suggest "G@d of w@r" to be little careful and make a thorough test befor making payment.

Is the pen drive same mode??
lhttp://cgi.ebay.in/32-gb-kingston-pen-drive_W0QQitemZ270401982292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item3ef536cf54&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Switch said:
My advise to peeps, don't buy if its without warranty. I too am interested even at a bit higher price but want the 5 yr warranty on it.

he is absolutely right ,i wanted someone to post this!
these are fake ,and with no warranty simply means............................

They arent fake. i asked my dealer 10 times now... they are genuine 100%. no further CRAPPY posts..

will post benchmarks and everything with pics

TECH HUNTER said:
+1.

if genuine why no warranty?

He said, he is not sure about warranty. you guys have to approach company directly. So take it this way that warranty is not there from my side.

came across this blog : THE FAKE 32 GB's

@ G@d of w@r : bro, pay your dealer after you test the drive and sure abt its originality... Even your dealer might hav been cheated... so be carefull

Me too interested!! :D

but will confirm after someone tests it, just to be on the safer side!! :D

UBER price for a genuine 32Gig!! :D

Those were fakes :( sorry to tell you guys. after 25gb of copy, data was getting corrupted and was unable to copy and delete.

also, it was showing unable to format in NTFS.

saved you guys. gosh!! i took all the screenshots though :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back