Graphic Cards GPU From US - GTX460 or HD6870??

I think you should buy the Asus DirectCU GTX 460 as it overclocks like mad.(You can always oc it without fear as you won't be getting RMA in any case :() XFX does't make Nvidia cards anymore.BTW that cpu is gonna be abottleneck at full HD.You won't be able to utilize the full potential of GTX 460 at full HD.It will go for 2 yrs at least coz that's the expected time for the new generation of consoles to appear in the market.As long as the Xbox 360 with its DirectX 9 capabilities remains the preferred standard for game design you will be okay.Only in case of PC only killer games like Crysis ,Metro 2033,Cryostasis will you crib about the GPU.But to play these few games at full HD you need a SLI/CFX rig which is not possible on your mobo.Get a 2 GB stick of RAM also.
BTW what will be the price of EVGA GTX 460 FTW in the US.If you can lay your paws on it at a reasonable rate it's a killer
ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU 1 GB Review - Page 1/32 | techPowerUp
eVGA GTX460 FTW Review (versus Reference HD5870) | KitGuru

[Review] EVGA GTX 460 FTW Edition | TechREACTION

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ohh
The Evga gtx 460 ftw 1 GB goes for 229$ in Newegg.Spend 1k more than the talon and get this

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1377-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) FTW 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Hi. I understand the CPU and RAM will become bottleneck. I am planning to upgrade them later as I cannot spend on all the things at once. Also monitor needs an upgrade.. But since I cannot play the latest games with my 7600GS, I am upgrading the GPU first and it should not become a bottleneck for HD gaming when other components are upgraded. That's why I am seeking your views :):)

I had spotted the evga FTW earlier, but people in different forum mentioned some issues with the card.. Dont remember exactly

I also had read some reviews about the Gigabyte 460 SOC that is overclocked higher than the talon card and it retails around the same price. Also some mentioned gigabyte picks good GPUs selectively from nvidia.. Gauntlet programme or something like that... Dont know how much difference that makes.. I am looking at this card too.

I am leaning towards Talon attack because it comes close to my budget and as far as I understand it allows changing voltage to core/auxillary/memory. So at a later point in time when the card starts struggling, I can try my hand at some overclocking

So at the moment looking for good deals on Talon attack/Gigabyte SOC and will get whichever turns out cheaper within the next 3-4 weeks..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

On a side note, found this deal on a 600W cooler master modular PSU

Is that a good deal?? Shall I get it?

Back