Graphic Cards gtx 560 ti 1 GB vs 6950 1GB

Tech Savy

Disciple
hye guys.
I want to guy a GPU for my friend. What he wants is :
1. Gaming @ Full HD i.e 19*10
2. All settings high

Now we have two choices due to budget constraints gtx 560 ti 1 GB OR 6950 1GB :huh:. Honestly we cant understand much the reviews/Benches/etc etc on various review sites. ;) :hap5:

You plz tell us which card is best for the money to play DX11 games @ Full HD with less power consuption or noise levels. And we are not into OC stuff. coz they are costly than stock.

Both cards are awesome. At the end it depends on you. nVidia have a better driver support and i am using a 560 ti myself, so would suggest you that only.

Tech Savy said:
hye guys.

I want to guy a GPU for my friend. What he wants is :

1. Gaming @ Full HD i.e 19*10

2. All settings high

Now we have two choices due to budget constraints gtx 560 ti 1 GB OR 6950 1GB :huh:. Honestly we cant understand much the reviews/Benches/etc etc on various review sites. ;) :hap5:

You plz tell us which card is best for the money to play DX11 games @ Full HD with less power consuption or noise levels. And we are not into OC stuff. coz they are costly than stock.

^^ Okay now you'll need to prioritize what do you need, the AMD HD 6950 1GB and nVidia GTX 560 Ti are both competent performers ~ 14000/- mark, the AMD variant is a bit more expensive but, on the whole it plays almost all games as well as the GTX 560 Ti. With the nVidia card you get good frame-rates + propieratery advantages like nVidia PHYSX, nVidia 3D Vision and CUDA CUDA, the AMD card on the other hand comes with EyeFinity What is Eyefinity and a leaner and more power efficient core, I'll give you a very simple benchmark used by Anandtech to get my point across --

AnandTech - Bench - GPU11.

In short if performance above and beyond 1920 x 1080 resolution is called for AMD reigns supreme, while @HD resolution + eye-candy nVidia dominates as well its CUDA cores are getting more and more applications to take advantage.

I vouch personally for the AMD HD 6950 1GB card over the nVidia GTX 560 Ti, which will really shine if you use productivity application in addition to gaming such as the CAD, CUDA-optimized applications, Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk MAYA. In the end it is your choice.

As well what is the rest of your PC's configuration?

Aman27deep said:
nVidia have a better driver support.

Friend the AMD Catalyst drivers have also greatly improved, you can't say nVidia has superior driver support always, in fact v. 11.6 Catalyst has greatly improved my HD 5770's performance.

Zloyd said:
Both at 1 gb 560 no brainer.

The GTX 560 Ti consumes more power and is a bit sluggish at games. Check the Anandtech benches that I've provided.

Yes as per the reviews you have posted the 6850 is a better card at 25xx rez :p By which im saying that is totally useless for the OP. And really that performance is not really relevant for cards in this price range.

^^ He has MSi Twin Frozr its written in his signature Sire.

But what has manufacturer have to do with any of this?

knairkuttan said:
manufacturer adds their experiences to thir products. a little differences

Then MSi has given me a taste of good performance and extra fast RMA.

kangaroo911 said:
Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 14,310/-

Asus EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 17,500/-

I think Go For 560 ti

good card

The second card you've mentioned is a HD 6950 2GB, OP's needs will be sufficed by a 1GB card. And ASUS has problematic after sales response will not recommend them explicitly, MSi / Sapphire / ZOTAC are the companies you should look to first in case of graphics, then come ASUS / Gigabyte and the likes.

Go for 560ti, both have almost same performance.. But with nvidia, you have added advantage of PhysX and CUDA which can really make a difference while playing games and running heavy workload applications which can make use of CUDA...
Driver support is better in nvidia imo...

akj_1989 said:
Go for 560ti, both have almost same performance.. But with nvidia, you have added advantage of PhysX and CUDA which can really make a difference while playing games and running heavy workload applications which can make use of CUDA...

Driver support is better in nvidia imo...

^^ Okay on the suggestion that I've used bold, here are my counters --

AMD HD 6950 1GB handily beats the GTX 560 Ti in most benches [gaming + power consumption] -- AnandTech - Bench - GPU11

PHYSX is eye-candy, if don't have it you aren't missing the world, the enemy AI is still enough to grind you [F.E.A.R.], graphics are still spell-binding [Crysis, The Witcher 2], the only thing that is not happening is real time physics being calculated by hardware at particle level, in Havok -- the physics calculations are software based on a set of instructional libraries.

CUDA -- I've to hand it over is a genuine reason to stand by nVidia, its major users are HD-video de-coders / encoders -- who need the CPU to be able to work while CUDA slugs at the menial jobs. I haven't seen any widespread adoption for CUDA apart from this.

Driver support... driver support... driver support -- Is this all you neanderthals can come up with, when nothing else comes handy to say nVidia RULEZZZZZ!. First use the latest versions of the drivers and then come up with such reasons. A huge Forceware driver package doesn't mean better performance over smaller / fewer Catalyst drivers. -- http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4149/amd_catalyst_11_6_windows_7_driver_analysis/index.html

Thanx to all guys for replying. But we are still not able to decide !!

Some facts :

1. 6950 1GB is "top of the line" product where as

2. 560 TI is mid range product.

So will that affect the performance?

3.We are not into eyefinity. Using a single 22 inches LED monitor.

We only want smooth gameplay @ HD with hight settings . Which one out of these serve the better with low noise and heat ???

^^ Go for a GTX 560 Ti if you just want to go for 22" monitor -- both the AMD HD 6950 1GB and the nVidia GTX 560 Ti are mid-range products competing each other at the ~ 14,000/- price mark., if power consumption and heat is consideration then aim for the AMD HD 6950 1GB it runs on lower power whilst giving better average frames than the GTX 560 Ti.

If you think you'll use CUDA (for movie conversions, encoding processes) and need the Physx eye-candy you can go for the nVidia as well.

By the way which SMPS are you using to power the RIG, I hope it is not the generic one stuck in the local cabinets when you buy from the assembled computer shops. If you do have this in your cabinet [cheap SMPS], please switch over to the Corsair VX 550W ~ 4400/- minimum to run any of these cards.

What is SMPS -- Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Power supply unit (computer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. SMPS and PSU mean the same.

Back